Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    Shut up and go clean some dishes or something. :D
    I don't blame you for being cranky, since that pretty red bird of yours will get stomped to death in a few days. ;)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Shannon, it's a movie about the commitment of marriage, highly recommended by guys who refer to their spouses as "The Wife".
    The wife and I saw it when it first came out. I think it's safe to say "the little woman" enjoyed it immensely.:p

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by YupItsMe View Post
    The wife and I saw it when it first came out. I think it's safe to say "the little woman" enjoyed it immensely.:p
    If you say so; you wouldn't be safe at MY house. :p
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

They showed parts of it in church to discuss marriage and its importance. I agree it's probably good. I want to see it just to get the pov of the wife though. All the clips I saw made it look like he want out of his way for her love, and it wasn't enough for her, which frustrated her. At the end, he's the one apologizing. I didn't get it, so I guess I need to go get the DVD. I guess the main message is to work to save your marriage, even if you think you're completely in the right (and most of the time, one isn't completely in the right).

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    All the clips I saw made it look like he want out of his way for her love, and it wasn't enough for her, which frustrated her. At the end, he's the one apologizing.
    So, basically, it's a realistic view of every marriage. :p

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Shannon, it's a movie about the commitment of marriage, highly recommended by guys who refer to their spouses as "The Wife".
    Better than what she calls me.:D:o
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    Whats your point? I refer to them as "dishwasher, clothes cleaner" etc :D
    I can't imagine why you're not still married.;)
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    They showed parts of it in church to discuss marriage and its importance. I agree it's probably good. I want to see it just to get the pov of the wife though. All the clips I saw made it look like he want out of his way for her love, and it wasn't enough for her, which frustrated her. At the end, he's the one apologizing. I didn't get it, so I guess I need to go get the DVD. I guess the main message is to work to save your marriage, even if you think you're completely in the right (and most of the time, one isn't completely in the right).
    Jeez. Thanks for the spoilers.:D
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Space Gravy View Post
    Jeez. Thanks for the spoilers.:D
    She didn't give much away. There are good reasons for the actions of both spouses.

It's a good movie, in every sense of the word.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.