1. #1 Who is to blame? 
    The Texas High School basketball game ended 100-0. The winning coach refused to apologize and was fired. Should he have been? Who was to blame for the blow-out?
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    The Texas High School basketball game ended 100-0. The winning coach refused to apologize and was fired. Should he have been? Who was to blame for the blow-out?
    Apologize for what ,this isn't Japan last time I looked.His or her team won and the American way is to laud it over the losers .What a pile of crap PC behavior really is .

In Jr High, I was on a team (second string) and we beat a team 3 time in the same season. 72-12/72-12/74-14 (i can only remember this because the margin of victory never changed over three games). We didn't try to run up the score, they were just terrible and we were really good. We worked hard during practice and our offense was designed to score quickly.

We didn't whoop it up and try to embarrass the other team. The second and third teams played half the game. We just played and left. Two of the games were on their court.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

The losing team hadn't won a game in 4 years. If I was going to nail anyone's butt to a wall it would be the fool who scheduled the teams to play each other. That was asinine, not to mention cruel.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    The losing team hadn't won a game in 4 years. If I was going to nail anyone's butt to a wall it would be the fool who scheduled the teams to play each other. That was asinine, not to mention cruel.

That's how I see it, too. The winning coach isn't to blame, and didn't do anything wrong by winning.