Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Social workers hand children to gay men for adoption( instead of the grandparents!) 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Social workers hand brother and sister to gay men for adoption( instead of the grandparents!)

Two young children are to be adopted by a gay couple, despite the protests of their grandparents.The devastated grandparents were told they would never see the youngsters again unless they dropped their opposition. The couple, who cannot be named, wanted to give the five-year-old boy and his fouryearold sister a loving home themselves. But they were ruled to be too old - at 46 and 59.

For two years they fought for their rights to care for the children, whose 26-year- old mother is a recovering heroin addict.

They agreed to an adoption only after they faced being financially crippled by legal bills.
    The final blow came when they were told the children were going to a gay household, even though several heterosexual couples wanted them.

When the grandfather protested, he was told: 'You can either accept it, and there's a chance you'll see the children twice a year, or you can take that stance and never see them again.'

The man said last night: 'It breaks my heart to think that our grandchildren are being forced to grow up in an environment without a mother figure. We are not prejudiced, but I defy anyone to explain to us how this can be in their best interests.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-adoption.html

Our age cutoff for adoptions in Michigan is 70. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the adult will live until the child reaches the age of majority. Others might be denied due to chronic health problems.

We don't allow anyone but married couples and single adults to adopt children. So if a single adult adopts a kid, that is his or her kid, but partners don't have rights to that child. Gay single people are allowed to adopt and to be foster parents-it's sort of a don't ask, don't tell policy, except that their partners have to pass a criminal record check and all that if they live in the home.

That's the UK for you. I wonder why they don't take into account that fact that the kids will be ridiculed in school for having gay parents. That could be traumatic.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Social workers hand brother and sister to gay men for adoption( instead of the grandparents!)

Two young children are to be adopted by a gay couple, despite the protests of their grandparents.The devastated grandparents were told they would never see the youngsters again unless they dropped their opposition. The couple, who cannot be named, wanted to give the five-year-old boy and his fouryearold sister a loving home themselves. But they were ruled to be too old - at 46 and 59.

For two years they fought for their rights to care for the children, whose 26-year- old mother is a recovering heroin addict.

They agreed to an adoption only after they faced being financially crippled by legal bills.
    The final blow came when they were told the children were going to a gay household, even though several heterosexual couples wanted them.

When the grandfather protested, he was told: 'You can either accept it, and there's a chance you'll see the children twice a year, or you can take that stance and never see them again.'

The man said last night: 'It breaks my heart to think that our grandchildren are being forced to grow up in an environment without a mother figure. We are not prejudiced, but I defy anyone to explain to us how this can be in their best interests.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-adoption.html
    I was going to say that this had to be England before I saw the link. They have passed some many strange laws lately. To criticize the gay lifestyle on moral grounds was considered a hate crime until the last couple of days. Adoption agencies must allow gay adoptions or lose their license to operate. Catholic adoption agencies in the UK are planning to close rather than violate their moral code so the state now has to take over the operations. The list goes on and on. England is quickly becoming a Mecca for Muslims and homosexuals. What a volatile combination they are building.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Gay couple or not, I can not believe that family members in direct lineal ancestry are not given preference over third parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Gay couple or not, I can not believe that family members in direct lineal ancestry are not given preference over third parties.
    This was my question. Even if the rules don't allow the grandparents to adopt the children, why aren't they fit to be the legal guardians?

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I was going to say that this had to be England before I saw the link. They have passed some many strange laws lately. To criticize the gay lifestyle on moral grounds was considered a hate crime until the last couple of days. Adoption agencies must allow gay adoptions or lose their license to operate. Catholic adoption agencies in the UK are planning to close rather than violate their moral code so the state now has to take over the operations. The list goes on and on. England is quickly becoming a Mecca for Muslims and homosexuals. What a volatile combination they are building.
    This is Scotland which has (as the Scots never tire of telling us) a separate and independent legal system. So in terms of the law it is to all intents and purposes a foreign country.

In England though gays have always been able to adopt from some agencies (if they could make it through the checks) the reason it has become as big an issue as it has is that the law changed recently allowing two unmarried people to adopt jointly whereas before it was the case that whether a couple were homosexual or heterosexual if they were unmarried then only one of them could be an adoptive parent.

I wonder if the fact the daughter they raised turned out to be a loser has any bearing on this?
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Space Gravy View Post
    I wonder if the fact the daughter they raised turned out to be a loser has any bearing on this?
    It shouldn't, necessarily. Lots of really good families end up with children with addictions, whether it's alcohol or drugs. Some of these families may have 4 really good kids, and 1 bad one. I have known a lot of grandparents who are now raising their grandchildren because of drug issues with their children.

Anyone who is convinced that they are not "that kind" of people, and addiction would never touch their family, ought to hope and pray that they are right, and thankful that they are lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post

I agree.