Thread: Greetings From Maryland

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1 Greetings From Maryland 
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sykesville, Maryland
    Posts
    29
    I just wanted to post a 'hello' to the members of board. I used to blog perhaps nearly five years on a board that just recently slapped me on the wrist for making a point on what Congress is presently doing with our tax dollars. When freedom of speech was thus squashed I logged off after five years and said no more. I'm finished.

    Well...I'd like to post that same thing here perhaps I could get some good feedback from folks. Either way, I'm your newest member coming to you from the "Free State" of Maryland. A state slogan I fear to be the last thing that it is...but here I am none the less. :)




    Dan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,421
    Welcome Dan. Why don't you pop by the lounge and show us some of your beautiful state. I spend lots of time there, and there certainly is plenty of beauty, if not freedom, there.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,243
    But they all drive like idiots.

    Signed,
    A Virginian

    :p
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    weclome dan :) as long as you don't abuse us with leftist talking points and no substance to back up your claims - I don't see the admins banning you . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5 Assurance 
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sykesville, Maryland
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    weclome dan :) as long as you don't abuse us with leftist talking points and no substance to back up your claims - I don't see the admins banning you . . . .
    There is nothing left about me. I'm more right wing moderate.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by danmoran View Post
    There is nothing left about me. I'm more right wing moderate.
    Yikes...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by danmoran View Post
    There is nothing left about me. I'm more right wing moderate.
    Hummm . . . what is your opinion of John McCain?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Super Moderator BadCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In your dreams
    Posts
    15,600
    Maryland?

    Dude, I'm sorry.

    rm -rf obama*
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9 The Norva Highways And Byways 
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sykesville, Maryland
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    weclome dan :) as long as you don't abuse us with leftist talking points and no substance to back up your claims - I don't see the admins banning you . . . .
    Our highways and byways have not quite gotten to the parking lots Northern Virginia have become. Can not comment on the driving skills of a Virginian if they're not moving. lol

    I do know the folks up here have no idea how to drive in snow. I can attest to that.

    I used to live in Manassas for a time, this back during 'Desert Storm' days of old...the other Bush. I remember it taking twenty minutes to drive from my apartment to the Super Fresh right up the street, the traffic was so horrendous. The Old Interstate 66 corridor. :)


    Sorry...the quote above was meant for Linda down in Northern Virginia. My bad.
    Last edited by danmoran; 01-29-2009 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Oops!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by danmoran View Post
    Our highways and byways have not quite gotten to the parking lots Northern Virginia have become. Can not comment on the driving skills of a Virginian if they're not moving. lol

    I do know the folks up here have no idea how to drive in snow. I can attest to that.

    I used to live in Manassas for a time, this back during 'Desert Storm' days of old...the other Bush. I remember it taking twenty minutes to drive from my apartment to the Super Fresh right up the street, the traffic was so horrendous. The Old Interstate 66 corridor. :)


    Sorry...the quote above was meant for Linda down in Northern Virginia. My bad.
    you'll learn how to do this eventually. ;)
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •