Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Thursday Theories! 
    OK the weather downright sucks today. It's been raining pretty much non-stop since last night and round 9:00 PM and there will be no let up until tonight. The dog is not very happy as she sits staring out the sliding glass door with her legs crossed. What a dilemma for the dog. She won't go in the house and she won't go when the grass is wet... don't ask me why. At any rate, when the rain stopped I get to look forward to more temps below 32. Great

TOTD: What is your favorite conspiracy theory? I was thinking back over all the conspiracy theories that I've heard over the last 30 or 40 years and some of them just crack me up when I think about them. I guess my personal favorite(s) would be any that deal with a secret organization of old men in smoky rooms who actually control the world (Tri-lateral commission, Bilderberg, Council of Foreign Relations). How the world can be controlled by a bunch of old guys who get together once every year are two to make decisions about the fate of the society is beyond me.

I even found a list of secret societies (http://listverse.com/miscellaneous/t...ret-societies/) but I have to ask, if there is a list then how can they be secret?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Power CUer
    My favorite theorists at the moment are the "birthers", mostly over on Free Republic, who live in hope that the Supreme Court will take one of these "Obama Birth Certificate" cases.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Gloomy and unseasonably cold in my part of the world this morning.

TOTD: It's tie between the JFK assassination theories and we pulled 9/11 on ourselves crowd.

Not that I followed it or have much interest in it but does O.J. Simpson double murder trial count as a conspiracy?
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

It's cold but getting better. It should be very nice for the weekend. My mesclun is starting to come up in the flats I planted indoors.

TOTD: I'm a New World Order sort of gal. I'm also interested in the whole pre-trib, post-trib, pre-wrath stuff. That's not exactly a conspiracy but it is apocalyptic and it ties in with the whole 'politician as Anti-Christ' meme. :D

Patent Member
    TOTD: Would probably have to be the Reptilian Conspiracy.

The idea of shapeshifting lizards trying to take over the world amuses me to no end.

My favorite conspiracy theory is pretty radical.

I believe that Lee Harvy Oswald was the only person who took a shot at President Kennedy with the intention of killing him.

The rest can be found here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Mortal-Error-S.../dp/0312080743

I have not lost a minute wondering about the Kennedy assasination since reading that book.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    My favorite theorists at the moment are the "birthers", mostly over on Free Republic, who live in hope that the Supreme Court will take one of these "Obama Birth Certificate" cases.

Let me guess, you hate the Freepers because they kicked you out for trying to run a little subtle liberal/Progressive propaganda on their web site.?

Those people are for the most part super conservatives and very hardnosed about it .They will suffer a progressive/liberal for a while if they keep a low profile and keep far in the posting background.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    My favorite conspiracy theory is pretty radical.

I believe that Lee Harvy Oswald was the only person who took a shot at President Kennedy with the intention of killing him.

The rest can be found here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Mortal-Error-S.../dp/0312080743

I have not lost a minute wondering about the Kennedy assasination since reading that book.
    Do you also believe that the Romans alone wanted The Christ dead ?

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post

Let me guess, you hate the Freepers because they kicked you out for trying to run a little subtle liberal/Progressive propaganda on their web site.?
    I don't "hate" the Freepers. I just think they get bugs up their butts that we are comparatively free of, here. This is a much more rational, pleasant group - for the most part.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Do you also believe that the Romans alone wanted The Christ dead ?
    It's not a matter of who ELSE wanted him dead, it's a matter of who actually did it.

Rather than being about who everybody WANTED to have done it.