Thread: Thursday Theories!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    My favorite conspiracy theory is pretty radical.

I believe that Lee Harvy Oswald was the only person who took a shot at President Kennedy with the intention of killing him.
    Slightly OT, am I the only one who think it's kind of in bad taste that there's a popular bar in Dallas called Lee Harvey's?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Slightly OT, am I the only one who think it's kind of in bad taste that there's a popular bar in Dallas called Lee Harvey's?
    I guess that would depend on how you felt about JFK.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I guess that would depend on how you felt about JFK.
    Really? Naming a night spot after an assassin is only in poor taste if you liked the victim? Etiquette has certainly changed over the years.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Really? Naming a night spot after an assassin is only in poor taste if you liked the victim? Etiquette has certainly changed over the years.
    I wasn't being serious. You really should develop a better sense of humor or at least a better sense of when someone is joking.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Power CUer
    I thought those little faces were what people used to indicate they were joking. Otherwise, a typed statement looks perfectly serious.