Thread: Drilling

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Drilling 
    I love the plain spoken way Charlie puts things.

Drilling

President Bush again asked congress to lift the ban on drilling for oil in the Gulf of Mexico.

As I write this I have not seen any of the rebuttals he's bound to receive form the greenies and the politicians who dance on their strings,

I saw a headline on the web, which asked if Bush was right about drilling in the gulf. The answer to that is simple. You're danged right he's right.

You see what doesn't hold water here, no pun intended, is that the environmental bunch are afraid of doing damage to the ecosystem. Well, here's a rude awakening for you folks, other countries are going to be drilling offshore and there ain't a dad-blamed thing Greenpeace, the Sierra Club or the whole United States Congress can do about it.

Even if they do damage to our ecosystem what are you going to do about them. The answer is absolutely nada, zilch, nil, nothing, simply because other countries like China and India don't particularly give a possum tail about the ecosystem. Have you checked the air in China and India lately?

So we are supposed to sit back and let other countries come into our backyard and harvest oil? That's just downright hillbilly dumb.

The big clichť among the politicians today is, "We can't drill our way out of this." well let me tell you something Mr. and Ms. Politician, you probably can't see it from your lofty perch atop your ivory tower in Washington, but the people of this nation are fed up with giving their grocery money to Saudi Arabia.

Let me throw up a red flag for you. When it gets to where a man can't feed his family because of the price of fuel, there is going to be more trouble in this country that you can even imagine.

Just wait until the price of diesel fuel makes it impossible for trucking companies to make a profit and they start pulling trucks off the delivery routes. Let's see how America reacts to empty store shelves.

The airlines are already canceling service to some cities, laying off people and taking planes out of service.

And still some of you people sit on your padded posteriors with your heads stuck in the sand. Not only will you not do anything, you blast anybody else who attempts to do something.

One of the most disgusting and stupid things I've ever seen a senator do was when Chuck Schumer said that if we drilled in ANWR it would take ten years to harvest the oil. Well Senator Schumer, it's people like you who stopped the process ten years ago, and if we'd drilled back then the oil would be flowing now. And besides that, what makes you think we're not going to need the oil ten years down the road?

It's just insane. We've got oil in ANWR, we've got oil in the Gulf, and we've got oil in our Western states. Nuclear power is safe and clean, but a disgusting bunch of politically motivated wimps in Washington refuse to do anything about it.

The time that we needed to drill for new crude oil sources, start building nuclear power plants and new refineries is long gone. We should have started the process years ago.

So it's one of two things, Congress. You can grow a set of gonads that are not in the hands of rich environmental radicals or watch the economy of this country go down the drain.

Wake up and smell the anger.

What do you think?

Pray for our troops

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels

June 20 , 2008
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    I love the plain spoken way Charlie puts things.
    He's got it right, when truckers can't make a profit and quit hauling .When the supermarkets have empty shelves and our kids go hungry . Then people will get right angry and angry people do violent things !Drill our damn oil

Fact is, there was nothing wrong with the plan. The plan was all right. The plan would've worked.

Boy, what is it with you people? You think not getting caught in a lie is the same thing as telling the truth?

No. It's simple economics. Today it's oil, right? In 5 or 10 years-- food, plutonium, and maybe even sooner.
    What doyou think the people are going to want us to do then?

Ask them?

Not now. Then. Ask them when they're running out. Ask them when there's no heat and they're cold.
    Ask them when their engines stop. Ask them when people who have never known hunger start going hungry.

Want to know something? They won't want us to ask them.

They'll just want us to get it for them.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Why don't we just tell the Saudi's for every barrell of oil we get, you get a bushel of wheat. No oil for us, no food for you.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Why don't we just tell the Saudi's for every barrell of oil we get, you get a bushel of wheat. No oil for us, no food for you.
    Because the Saudis have zero problem with importing absolutely everything they require from the EU? Our cutting off food from the people of Saudi Arabia would make about as much impact as cutting off the export of thong bikinis to them.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Because the Saudis have zero problem with importing absolutely everything they require from the EU? Our cutting off food from the people of Saudi Arabia would make about as much impact as cutting off the export of thong bikinis to them.
    Then let them import it from the EU. It's the point, I don't agree with feeding my rapist.

Then let them import it from the EU. It's the point, I don't agree with feeding my rapist.
    Point well taken.;)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Point well taken.;)
    You'll learn. With me, it's all about the point.:D

First; the US gets very little oil from the Saudi's.

Second; the Saudi's learned from the last time we held them hostage with wheat. The Saudi's now grow their own wheat, so that plan is OTL.

When I was 17, a friend's father, wanted me to go over to Saudi Arabia to work on the govt. owned farm over there with him. I could have started out at $80,000/yr. My friend's father made almost $200,000/yr. I should have gone for 4 yrs, but I thought not.

Quote Originally Posted by Teetop View Post
    First; the US gets very little oil from the Saudi's.

Second; the Saudi's learned from the last time we held them hostage with wheat. The Saudi's now grow their own wheat, so that plan is OTL.

When I was 17, a friend's father, wanted me to go over to Saudi Arabia to work on the govt. owned farm over there with him. I could have started out at $80,000/yr. My friend's father made almost $200,000/yr. I should have gone for 4 yrs, but I thought not.
    Saudi Arabia is second only to Canada in barrells per day we import.