Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Does anybody have one of these? I would think that they'd take all of a half an hour to run up on a sewing machine (that would include cutting time).

AdAge

From the look of those things any heavy blanket could be quickly turned into a snuggy with a decent sewing machine and a Frontier momma at the wheel.With Two heavy blankets one could make an Indian teePee type of thingie or in brown with a Franciscan Capuchin scapular and black cowl and belt like a Monk .

If you go to their web site they show the basic unit with the sleeves but if you want pockets its extra .The basic blanket is rather thin and comes in two different colors and if you opt for a heavier material, Thicker blanket, that's extra. They did offer a two fer with a free reading light .The automated order procedure asked you options,number of,color of,thickness of each showing the tabulated cost and after they had your credit card number.All of the hidden extra costs doubled to include a separate shipping charge and the order closed ,So long suckers !
    :mad:

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Even if you'd wear one at home, what's with the Dork Family wearing them to "sporting events"? Don't they get beaten up in the parking lot?

I think I must have seen this ad too many times, that I'm even pondering this.
    Too much late night TV? I think I've only ever seen one ad for these things.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Power CUer
    A lot of these ads - ShamWow, Snuggies, etc., are getting a lot more airplay than they would otherise because ad revenues are down and ad time is being sold more cheaply. If you haven't seen them yet, you will. It's just a matter of time.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

People laughed about the "Pet Rock". The guy that came up with the crazy Idea laughed to,all the way to the bank to the tune of 13 million dollars.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    People laughed about the "Pet Rock". The guy that came up with the crazy Idea laughed to,all the way to the bank to the tune of 13 million dollars.
    And Chia pets are still on the market. If someone ever gave me a Chia pet I would have to assume that it was their way of telling me that they don't want to be friends anymore.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I almost ordered one of these things for SLW.

Thankfully I changed my mind.:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

I have no interest in those things. I may not be the most fashionable girl around, but that falls far beyond my allowable limits Sweaters and sweatshirts are wonderful things, and I made my self some fingerless gloves so my hands stay warm too ;)

I like reviewing the various products at: Infomercialscams.com

They have several complaints about the Snuggie.
    "Because we're a great nation, our challenges seem complex; it will always be this way. But as long as we remember our first principals and believe in ourselves, the future will always be ours." -Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Does anybody have one of these? I would think that they'd take all of a half an hour to run up on a sewing machine (that would include cutting time).

AdAge
    I have seen them up close.

They are very thin and the back is open.

But very popular and hard to keep in stock!

Yes, very easy to make yourself, and you could use a thicker cloth.

Now that I think about it, sitting here in the recliner with a blanket....my arms are cold....I need one. :)
    Last edited by RobJohnson; 01-30-2009 at 03:04 AM.

Oh my....this is real.....