Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Blago Go Bye-Bye!! Impeached. 
    http://www.news-gazette.com/news/loc...es_blagojevich

59-0 Senate vote removes Blagojevich
    By The Associated Press
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 4:56 PM CDT

SPRINGFIELD (AP) Rod Blagojevich is no longer Illinois' governor.

Blagojevich was ousted from office Thursday by the Illinois Senate, which found him guilty of abusing his power. The Senate action means Lt. Gov. Patrick Quinn immediately becomes governor.

All 59 state senators voted to convict Blagojevich of abuse of power.

Don't let the door hitcha Rod. :eek:

Updated:

Senate removes Blagojevich, bans him from holding office
    By The Associated Press
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 5:11 PM CDT

SPRINGFIELD (AP) Gov. Rod Blagojevich was convicted at his impeachment trial and thrown out of office Thursday, ending a nearly two-month crisis that erupted with his arrest on charges he tried to sell Barack Obama's vacant Senate seat.

Blagojevich becomes the first U.S. governor in more than 20 years to be removed by impeachment.

After a four-day trial, the Illinois Senate voted 59-0 to convict him on the broad charge of abuse of power, then again to disqualify him from ever again holding office in Illinois.

Under state law, the verdict instantly removed Blagojevich, a second-term Democrat schooled in the bare-knuckle politics of the Chicago Machine.

Democratic Lt. Gov. Patrick Quinn, one of his critics, automatically became governor.

Senators rose to applaud Illinois Supreme Court Chief Justice Thomas Fitzgerald, who presided over the trial, after he signed the order removing Blagojevich.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Good for the state of Illinois!

Now Blago can go on Oprah or something...:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Good for the state of Illinois!

Now Blago can go on Oprah or something...:D
    Or SOMETHING..

see ya later you turd!
    Aint but three things in this world thats worth a solitary dime,
    But old dogs and children and watermelon wine.
    Tom T. Hall

Those dem politicians can't stop spouting off the same old crud. He's still saying he'll "fight for the people of Illinois". Right, particularly since the vote was 59-0 to bar him from ever holding office in the state.

It's a common affliction of all pols. They get on one track and they keep going and going and going, just like that Eveready Bunny. :D

Well, I guess the next most corrupt Democrat in line gets to be Governor of Illinois now.
    Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.

--Albert Einstein

Banned
    Blago got steam-rolled by his own party. He was an embarrassment to Obama, Chicago, the state and the Democrats so he got thrown under the bus. Not that I have any sympathy for him but most politicians sell out to those that make contributions to their campaigns. He was just brazen and stupid about it. Politicians may start out with good intention but then they get this sense of entitlement and hunger for power. I have never heard of a politician of major importance that is poorer when he comes out of office than when he went in. I feel like many politicians in DC are just as crooked as Blago. Those include Bill and Hillary, Rangel, Jefferson, Geithneir, Jessie, grease-ball Al and a host of Repubs also.

Finally that pathetic pile of slime is gone. Even if he didn't ever commit any wrong doing in his life, he would still be a slime because he looks and talks and acts like a slime. I can't stand him!
    "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives."
    -Ronald Reagan

Life is a story; if you stay on the same page forever you will never finish it.
    "There are days you are the pigeon and days you are the statue."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
    Finally that pathetic pile of slime is gone. Even if he didn't ever commit any wrong doing in his life, he would still be a slime because he looks and talks and acts like a slime. I can't stand him!
    I wish he would have stayed around to muck up the Democratic party and Obama a few months longer. If he has any dirt on Obama's staff or other Democraps, he might wind up like Vince Foster. I am also hoping that Blago's trial lasts a long time. Now that he has been impeached, his trial and other problems will not be front page news anymore. The liberal media will see to that.