Hybrid View

1. #1 Ungrateful Flyers 
    Wow, didn't take long did it!? Vultures.

It was inevitable!

The headline in USA Today gave me a sinking feeling: “US Airways Gives Passengers On Flight $5000.00 Each -- Passengers Wonder, Is it Enough?”

Is it enough?

Is anything ever enough anymore?

It is absolutely, positively inconceivable that anyone aboard the miraculous US Airways Airbus whose pilot made a safe water landing after birds were sucked into the engines would expect US Airways to fork over a ton of money to them.

This was one great story: a pilot makes a split-second decision to ditch into the frigid waters of the Hudson River, a decision that saved everyone on board from certain death.

But it didn’t take long for the vultures to swarm, the heads to spin with visions of big dollar signs, and the pure greed to hijack this otherwise-wonderful tale.

One disgruntled flier who got a bloody nose and some bruises says it’s still too early to decide just how emotionally distressed he is as a result of the incident.

“I just want to be made whole,” he sniffed to a reporter.

Already US Airways has written checks for $5000.00 apiece to each and every passenger to cover any and all “immediate needs” they may have from having lost their luggage and other belongings.

I’m a frequent flier who often travels with a laptop, nice headphones, even some partial radio equipment and I know that $5000.00 would more than cover anything I might lose on an airplane.

Furthermore, the airline has promised that their insurance carrier will cover any and all losses of property that exceed $5000.00.

Not good enough, some of these miserable people are saying.

Kreindler and Kreindler, a New York-based law firm that specializes in aviation accidents, reports that “several” of the passengers on the flight have already contacted the firm.

I wonder how long it took those folks to stop thanking God for His decision to spare their lives from what should have been a fiery, horrible end before they Googled the best law firm to sue the pants off US Airways?

I might be a lone voice in the wilderness on this, but I don’t think US Airways owes any of these people one red cent.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Really, the $5,000 is more than enough to compensate people for their lost luggage. We totally went down the wrong road when we decided that money could repair "emotional damage".

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Wow, didn't take long did it!? Vultures.

It was inevitable!
    I guess maybe they'd rather be dead and feeding the aquatic life instead.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I know one thing; if I had been on that flight and lived through that experience, the next morning's sunrise would've been the best ever, breakfast would've tasted better then it ever did, etc. etc. etc. You know what I mean? Living through something like that would make me look at all the stuff I've wanted to do in life that I've put off doing...and accomplish those goals. AND THEN on top of everything else, the airline offers me a $5000 settlement? I could be completely debt free for less than 5 grand and I'd give the rest to charity.

And some A-holes actually think that they haven't gotten enough?

I hope US airways tells these ungrateful douchebags to bugger off. I'd spend millions on a lawsuit just to put these whiny, snot nosed little punks in their place and say you don't get another penny you miserable jerk. And these slip & fall lawyers who represent cases like this; Satan reserves a special place in Hell for these losers. :mad:
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Power CUer
    Is it enough?? They should all donate it to the pilot who did such a good job for them.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Is it enough?? They should all donate it to the pilot who did such a good job for them.
    I know, right? The man's a hero who kept them all alive and people have the audacity to bitch about wanting more cash?
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post

It was a fluke accident, too, something that rarely happens to both engines at once. He did a great job making sure everybody survived.