Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Group of Christians Don't Tip Their Server at Chiili's...Because She Works on a Sunda 
    I hope I did this right, if not you'll let me know. This cracked me up because you know it never happened. If it really did, she didn't get tipped because she was a crappy server.

http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=4942818

Not that you need another reason to dislike religion… this one comes from a pastor, Thomas Steagald.

His daughter is a server at Chili’s.

She was working last Sunday when some church-goers came in and… well, let the pastor tell the story:

A group of six church-goers came in last night after their evening services and sat down, not in her area but in another server’s. When the girl came to greet them and take their drink order, one of them said, “We want to tell you up front that we will not be tipping you tonight because…”

Are you ready?

“…we do not believe in people working on Sunday.”

The girl was taken full-aback, stammered out something that sounded like “I wouldn’t have to work on Sunday if so many church people didn’t come in,” or some such. She was furious. So was the manager of the restaurant whom she summoned to deal with them. I think he should have tossed the people out on their…uh…Bibles. To his credit, and demonstrating something like agape all around, he did say to them, “Well, we don’t believe in making our people work for nothing, so I will be serving you tonight.” And he did. God bless him.
    http://friendlyatheist.com/2009/01/30/dont-serve-the-ch... /

The hypocrisy here is stunning. I'd have tipped them out of their seats.

Well, if it had been me I would have told the waitress that after I ate.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Awful, awful bouncy. Negative bongs.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Power CUer
    If you don't approve of someone working in a restaurant on a Sunday, wouldn't you also disapprove of patronizing a restaurant on Sunday? Just a guess about how some denominations regard it. I'm from a denomination where the champagne Sunday brunch is one of the sacraments.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    If you don't approve of someone working in a restaurant on a Sunday, wouldn't you also disapprove of patronizing a restaurant on Sunday? Just a guess about how some denominations regard it. I'm from a denomination where the champagne Sunday brunch is one of the sacraments.

If it did happen, the manager handled it properly. I just don't believe it really happened.

BTW-what denomination has champagne Sunday brunch as a sacrament? I love my church, but our mission is 12 step programs and supporting people in recovery, so no champagne at Sunday brunch.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    BTW-what denomination has champagne Sunday brunch as a sacrament? I love my church, but our mission is 12 step programs and supporting people in recovery, so no champagne at Sunday brunch.
    Episcopalian. :p As they say in "Being Dead is No Excuse: the Southern Lady's Guide to the Perfect Funeral", "No Episcopalian will ever dream a friend has a drinking problem until he's on the waiting list for his second liver transplant." :D
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Too farfetched for me to buy in to. Imagined DU stereotype turned in to a very poor bouncy.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Way too farfetched and stereotypical, starting right from the opening in which it is implied that some ladies who were supposedly rude in a restaurant constitute a reason to hate the Christian faith.

Quote Originally Posted by movie buff View Post
    Way too farfetched and stereotypical, starting right from the opening in which it is implied that some ladies who were supposedly rude in a restaurant constitute a reason to hate the Christian faith.
    The only thing surprising is that they are actually looking for a reason to hate Christians. They usually hate because that's what they do best, no reason required.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Too farfetched for me to buy in to. Imagined DU stereotype turned in to a very poor bouncy.
    Exactly.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana