Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 I'm watching the RNC chair voting on C-SPAN 
    Power CUer
    They just finished the third round of voting, and we're waiting for results. There are 168 votes, and I think the winner has to get 85. The second round results were:

Duncan (incumbent): 48
    Steele: 48
    Dawson: 29
    Anuzis: 24
    Blackwell: 19

Blackwell was probably the most conservative candidate in the field.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    3rd round results:

Steele 51
    Duncan 44
    Dawson 34
    Anuzis 24
    Blackwell 15
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    Mike Duncan, the incumbent, is now withdrawing. Perhaps I'm the only one who takes an interest in this, since I used to work for the RNC. :)

Power CUer
    A bit of a surprise on the fourth ballot:

Dawson 62
    Steele 60
    Anuzis 31
    Blackwell 15

I'd be fine with Steele, I would think he could help consolidate the pack of Republicans together in all things conservative. He has been on alot of conservative radio and TV lately. It doesn't hurt that he is of color either!!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Power CUer
    That's a phrase I heard so much around the transition and inauguration - "person of color". We're ALL people of color. My color is sort of a pinkish-beige.
    I like Steele; he's not "conservative enough" for the socons, but that's probably a non-starter right now. His numbers went down a bit on the last ballot, so we'll see what happens at 3 pm.

Power CUer
    Ken Blackwell, the social conservative favorite, is withdrawing now.

Power CUer
    He threw his support to Michael Steele. Duncan, the incumbent, didn't endorse anyone on his way out.

Power CUer
    Fifth ballot just in, and STILL no puff of white smoke.

Steele 79
    Dawson 69
    Anuzis 20

Power CUer
    Anuzis withdrew and didn't indicate support of either of the remaining candidates.