1. #1 Blago: Emanuel Is "My" 'co-conspirator' 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Blago: Emanuel Is a 'co-conspirator'

In an impassioned speech before the Illinois Senate Thursday, Democrat Governor Rod Blagojevich placed responsibility for one key impeachment charge just a door away from the Oval Office. Blagojevich said before the Senate vote that, if he's impeached, White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel should be a "co-conspirator."

"If you're impeaching me," Blagojevich told lawmakers," ... let's demand that President Obama fire Rahm Emanuel, because Rahm Emanuel is the one who gave me this idea."

Blagojevich was referring to a charge based upon the I-SaveRx Program, an effort to import prescription drugs from Canada. He reminded lawmakers of concerns that senior citizens have about being able to afford both food and medicine.

"How many of us talked about those things in speeches? How many of us who were familiar with how Congress operates actually had talking points from the Democratic National Campaign Committee and they had that line: Food or medicine, food or medicine? How many of us said all that? And how many of us kept railing against the FDA because they wouldn't allow ... American seniors to go to Canada and get the same prescription drugs, the same medicines made by the exact same companies... for forty to fifty per cent less?"

Blagojevich insisted that the controversial program for which he was being impeached was the brainchild of Emanuel, who inherited Blagojevich's congressional seat before being named Obama's Chief of Staff.

"So we found a way, and I was the first governor to do it. The idea came to me, not from me, but from then-Congressman, Rahm Emanuel. ...

(He) said why don't you lead the charge, lead the way on this and be the first state to go to Canada and test whether the FDA will allow you to do it or not."

A contention corroborated by some in the media, including Lynn Sweet in the Chicago Sun Times:

"Five years ago Gov. Blagojevich wanted to put himself on a presidential track and Rep. Rahm Emanuel (D-Ill.) handed him a hot issue that gave him national press exposure, importation of prescription drugs. Now the Blagojevich-Emanuel relationship is in the spotlight in the wake of the governor's arrest last week on corruption charges."

It's not the first time that Emanuel's name has been connected to allegations of wrongdoing by Blagojevich, who himself inherited both Emanuel's former congressional seat (Dan Rostenkowski) and the gubernatorial office (George Ryan) after his predecessors in both were thrown into jail on corruption charges.

"The (state) House impeachment committee says it will respect (federal prosecutor Patrick) Fitzgerald's insistence that the hearings not compromise the criminal probe, and therefore will not issue subpoenas for Emanuel and another Obama adviser, Valerie Jarrett."

"Emanuel, Jarrett and (Jesse) Jackson(, Jr.) have all been tied to discussions of Blagojevich's alleged attempts to auction off Obama's Senate seat."

"The Chicago Tribune reported that Mr. Emanuel relayed to Mr. Blagojevich's team a list of candidates who would be acceptable to the Obama camp, and that these conversations were captured on a tape possessed by U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald."

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...nspirator.html

Rahm Emanuel is the one who gave me this idea."
    That may be true but you probably didn't have a gun to your head when he gave you the idea. Blago it's called free will, you could have said no and just walked away and none of this would have happened. But you chose to be a thief and a crook so suffer the consequences.
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

I hope Blago keeps shooting his mouth off like this, but he better look out. We all know what happened to Vince Foster.

I agree that this scumbag is unltimately responsible, but it shows that most of these Chicago politicians are a bunch of dirty crooks. Blago just got too greedy, too arrogant and too sloppy and got busted...FINALLY!

Quote Originally Posted by cat714 View Post
    I hope Blago keeps shooting his mouth off like this, but he better look out. We all know what happened to Vince Foster.

I agree that this scumbag is unltimately responsible, but it shows that most of these Chicago politicians are a bunch of dirty crooks. Blago just got too greedy, too arrogant and too sloppy and got busted...FINALLY!
    So far the only thing Blago "Got" was political,that's the impeachment. I'll lay you odds the indictments against him disappear.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Spiteful stab at Obama. And I expected it. What I expected more was him to release papers in an attempt to hurt Obama.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    So far the only thing Blago "Got" was political,that's the impeachment. I'll lay you odds the indictments against him disappear.
    They had better make a deal with him before he smears Obama's pretty new white suit anymore than he already has !

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Spiteful stab at Obama. And I expected it. What I expected more was him to release papers in an attempt to hurt Obama.
    All sucessful,breathing Chicage Polls keep 'Backup files' as 'life' insurance just as J Edgar Hoover did .

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I have to agree with you on that one. Seldom do these scumbag politicians go down, let alone do any time in the pokey. I just want him to keep shooting his mouth off like this. :D

I take back calling Rahm the new Rove. Rove was never a criminal.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana