Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Clogs: Do You Wear Them And What Kinds Do You Like? 
    I'll admit it: I wear clogs. Part of it is genetic since my family hails from Scandinavia but most of it is comfort since I have foot problems (Morton's neuromas).

I've been a dedicated Birkenstock wearer for years (laugh it up, you heathens) but I'm looking at Dansko and a few others right now. If you wear clogs, what do you like?

(Yes, I DO wear Crocs around the house and yard and I like them.) :p

Another vote for the Birkenstock clogs (and sandals) here, I've been wearing them ever since I hurt my back, I find they give me great posture. I too wear crocs for gardening, they are so practical.

Are we related? :D

Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    Another vote for the Birkenstock clogs (and sandals) here, I've been wearing them ever since I hurt my back, I find they give me great posture. I too wear crocs for gardening, they are so practical.

Are we related? :D
    Obviously we are although your success with oat cakes (and the fact that you eat them at all) troubles me.

People have been talking up the Dansko Professional but I wonder if I'd be better off in a traditional backless model?

Power CUer
    Ugh, clogs! They were popular when I was in school, the big wooden ones with the leather tops. I used to slide out of them all the time. I had more sprained and strained ankles.... I still can't look at anything without a heel on it.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Obviously we are although your success with oat cakes (and the fact that you eat them at all) troubles me.

People have been talking up the Dansko Professional but I wonder if I'd be better off in a traditional backless model?
    I prefer the Birkenstocks with a heel strap, they look more 'shoe-like' for work, but still have the footbed that I like.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Ugh, clogs! They were popular when I was in school, the big wooden ones with the leather tops. I used to slide out of them all the time. I had more sprained and strained ankles.... I still can't look at anything without a heel on it.
    This isn't about popularity, it's about function. The neuromas pretty much exclude heels for frequent wear.

Power CUer
    I've never met the Neuromas. The "function" part obviously didn't work for me. No other kind of shoe has ever sent me to the doctor - or straight to the hospital.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I've never met the Neuromas. The "function" part obviously didn't work for me. No other kind of shoe has ever sent me to the doctor - or straight to the hospital.
    Walking in wooden clogs is rather like walking with a pair of curved bricks strapped to one's feet. A flexible sole is essential.

Be glad you never have, they come for a visit and stay for life. You were probably wearing some type of fashion clog during that period and they aren't known for comfort or stability. Millions of Europeans wear clogs all the time without mishap so I'm guessing there's a quality issue here. I have to say that I've never twisted my ankle in clogs or fallen out of a pair.

I have slipped out of flip-flops on a few occasions, though. :D

Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    No I don't wear clogs
    but I hear Ralphie probably does, and we all know bubba dawg does :D
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.