Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 It only took 3 posts 
    For Godwin's Law to kick in:

Gman (1000+ posts) Fri May-30-08 12:57 PM
    Original message
    Scott McClellan is a good guy and I forgive him
    Advertisements [?]Scotty's conscience just couldn't take it anymore. He tried to but he just couldn't handle it any longer. Scotty knows the damage he caused, he obviously feels he has an awful lot to make up for, and he's doing something about it.

If there is any doubt here (which there was a small amount with me), consider that he didn't have to very sincerely apologize to Richard Clarke. But he did.

Scotty was complicit in covering up impeachable offenses, felonies and war crimes. But I can forgive just about anyone when they appear to be this sincere and full of this much regret, if not grief. I can and do forgive Scotty. We all should. He's acknowledged he did wrong and he's doing his best to fix it the best way he knows how. None of this makes what he did as press secretary right. It doesn't excuse him from being complicit in the above mentioned crimes and he may still have to stand trial for his part in it. But just like the family that finds it in their hearts forgive someone who murdered a family member, I forgive him.
    nichomachus (1000+ posts) Fri May-30-08 01:01 PM
    Response to Original message
    3. I'm sure there were quite a few
    complicit Germans whose consciences weighed heavily as the Allied forces made their way into Germany.

It's a common reaction.
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3364155

What a sissy!
    Last nite ole Rove debunked most of his whinings! Of course the DUmp loves him now!

He is an official -

Saw three separate interviews with him last night and if nothing else the manís consistent in his positions concerning the herding of GWB by his handlers and the "Champaign Mode" used to push the Iraq fiasco - also saying that the White House doesnít appear as to have changed its strategy since his exit.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Saw three separate interviews with him last night and if nothing else the manís consistent in his positions concerning the herding of GWB by his handlers and the "Champaign Mode" used to push the Iraq fiasco - also saying that the White House doesnít appear as to have changed its strategy since his exit.
    LP, na, Scott is merely parroting liberal talking points........explain to me how a press secretary would sit in on sensitive foreign affairs and NSA meetings without the proper clearance credentials?

Quote Originally Posted by ReaganForRus View Post
    LP, na, Scott is merely parroting liberal talking points........explain to me how a press secretary would sit in on sensitive foreign affairs and NSA meetings without the proper clearance credentials?
    Human nature. Same way he got a nod from the security guard every day at the White House gates.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Human nature. Same way he got a nod from the security guard every day at the White House gates.
    WTF?!

God, you're an idiot. Without a proper security clearance, you won't see or hear a thing classified.

While in the U.S.A.F., I think I held about every security clearance known to man.

Sonnabend
    Saw three separate interviews with him last night and if nothing else the manís consistent in his positions
    Really? Then wheres his proof?

If he has "proof" of his allegations, why didn't he come forward sooner? If he has "proof" regarding Plame, then why didnt he hand said proof to Plames lawyers before they bailed? To Fitzgerald?

Let's see if he can provide this "proof" when he is asked to testify UNDER OATH...and if he doesnt havd said proof and he is lying then its perjury.

Talk is cheap. Let's see him prove his allegations with more than just simple bluster. I keep seeing all these claims and wild accusations....yet when asked for the proof to backj these up all we get is silence.

Because there isnt any and McClellan is LYING.

concerning the herding of GWB by his handlers and the "Champaign Mode" used to push the Iraq fiasco -
    Iraq is doing very well, thank you... surging forward nicely. Al Qaeda smashed, their morale wrecked, their commanders dead or captured, their "soldiers" dead in a hundred placed, the Iraqis themselves turning on these hyenas as they see who their friends really are...hate to wreck your little daydream, LP, but Iraq is a success and growing more so every single day.

The deafening silence from the media is proof of that...the poor suckers cant bear to see success so they don't write anything.

Speaking of silence, who the fuck said we wanted you back here?

Quote Originally Posted by Teetop View Post
    WTF?!

God, you're an idiot. Without a proper security clearance, you won't see or hear a thing classified.

While in the U.S.A.F., I think I held about every security clearance known to man.
    Yep;) and pot's never been smoked on the roof of the White House too, right? Security is only as tight as people make it - no matter what 'the system' says. Not an idiot - just realistic about the human factor. This is how lap tops and hard drives come up missing at Los Alamos. Care to tell me about Air Force security regarding the transportation of nuclear weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Speaking of silence, who the fuck said we wanted you back here?
    Then nut-up and do something about it.

Sonnabend
    Care to tell me about Air Force security regarding the transportation of nuclear weapons?
    And what the hell would you know about that?

Speaking of which, where'd you serve?