Thread: Book thread!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Book thread! 
    Just finished Ann's new book, Guilty! Great take on the Liberals and thier victim hood!

Also read The Book Of Lies by Brad Meltzer, good book! He weaves in the bible, Cain and Abel, the guy who invented Superman and assorted killers and cops!!!

Divine Justice by David Baldacci was another great effort with the Camel Club.

F. Paul Wilson's By The Sword, another hit with Repairman Jack. In an interview he said he will keep Jack going till 2012!!

Another good thriller was The First Daughter by Eric Van Lustbader, a fast and thrilling read.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Power CUer
    I just finished "The March", by E.L. Doctorow. I just started "The Emergence of Lincoln", by Allan Nevins.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I just finished "The March", by E.L. Doctorow. I just started "The Emergence of Lincoln", by Allan Nevins.

I lean towards thrillers and mindless drivel! :D

Oh yeah I read Dean Koontz Your Heart Belongs To Me. Classic Koontz.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Just finished Ann's new book, Guilty! Great take on the Liberals and thier victim hood!

Also read The Book Of Lies by Brad Meltzer, good book! He weaves in the bible, Cain and Abel, the guy who invented Superman and assorted killers and cops!!!

Divine Justice by David Baldacci was another great effort with the Camel Club.

F. Paul Wilson's By The Sword, another hit with Repairman Jack. In an interview he said he will keep Jack going till 2012!!

Another good thriller was The First Daughter by Eric Van Lustbader, a fast and thrilling read.
    "The Sanctuary' and 'The Last Templer' both by Raymond Khoury ,Fathful Spy Alex Berenson,Thomas Harris: Hannibal .

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    "The Sanctuary' and 'The Last Templer' both by Raymond Khoury ,Fathful Spy Alex Berenson,Thomas Harris: Hannibal .
    Alex Berenson is coming out with a new book with John Wells in it again called The Silent Man! Ghost War and Faithful Spy were good thrillers!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    I lean towards thrillers and mindless drivel! :D
    The point is that you're in the habit of reading! :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    The point is that you're in the habit of reading! :)
    Speaking of which, Tim Dorsey has the new Serge A. Storms book out now!!! Nuclear Jellyfish! I'm getting it tomorrow!! :D

Power CUer
    And I'll be picking up David Sedaris' "When You Are Engulfed in Flames".

I'm reading "Party of One: The Loners' Manifesto" by Anneli Rufus. She's a wry and elegant writer who has written a stirring and amusing defense of introverts. If you are the kind of person who finds the relentless sociability of the majority to be exhausting and boring, you will love this book.

If you are one of the majority......well, you'd be more comfortable going shopping with your friends or something. :p

'Pilgrims in the Kingdom' by Deborah and David Douglas

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis