Thread: Book thread!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Hiaasen is great. I've read them all, I think, starting with the Blue Tongued Vole thingie NATIVE TONGUE !
    Good on you! Now read all the Dorsey books, Starting with Orange crush! You won't regret it!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

I'm reading Ravi Zacharias' "The End of Reason" and Larry Schweikart's "48 Liberal Lies About American History." Mr Smith wants me to read "A Patriot's History of the United States" by the same author, but I'm not sure I can take that much history. :D
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Didn't I read that already? Is that new?
    It's the newest one. I think it's been out for about a year.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I have read many of Dorsey's books. I prefer Hiaasen though.
    I gave my father Hiaasen's book on taking up golf again after not playing for thirty years. Dad loved it.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I'm reading the Chronicals of Narnia right now. Read The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe back in elementary school, but figured I'd read the whole series now. Just started into Prince Caspian this morning. Pretty good read so far. Lewis made a pretty interesting world.
    I read these as an adult and loved them! Lewis is a great author and the ending was great!

Has anyone read Ken Follett's "Pillars of the Earth" and "World's End"? Great books...very different from his political thrillers.

One of my fave authors is Dean Koontz, although I haven't liked all of his books, but most.

I always get suckered into reading Stephen King, and then am ticked at the ending!!!

I know they are for kids, but the Harry Potter series is incredibly laid out and plot filled. Rowling is a brilliant author...can't wait till she writes something for adults!!!

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    It's the newest one. I think it's been out for about a year.
    Okay. I did read that. Hilarious as usual.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III