Big Mommy Mika Strikes Again: ‘We’re A Bunch Of Pigs—We Need Some Guidelines’.........video

http://finkelblog.com/index.php/2009/01/30/986/
I don’t know about you, but I don’t want the Henry Waxmans of the world telling me what to do. Mika Brzezinski does. The Morning Joe co-anchor climbed up on her Big Mommy Government soapbox again this morning. The subject was sin taxes on things like cigarettes and soda. When Dylan Ratigan proposed reducing income taxes and replacing them with sin taxes, Willie Geist made a pitch for individual freedom and responsibility. Mika shot him down, managing to insult her fellow Americans in the bargain.

DYLAN RATIGAN: How about if we just cut income tax and allow — stop taxing things I want more of, businesses and jobs, and start taxing things I want less of, soda pop, smoking and all the rest of it.

WILLIE GEIST: Or, we could let adults determine their own behavior. If they want to drink soda pop, they pay [Ed.: presumably not with taxes, but in the long run with poorer health].

MIKA BRZEZINSKI: No. We’re a bunch of pigs. We need some guidelines.

I sincerely wonder, as a matter of fundamental American philosophy, how Mika justifies her call for maternalistic government. snip–not to have politicians take our money and our freedom until we have, quite literally, eaten our vegetables.