Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Adaemi View Post
    Is this not going to look suspicious? I haven't even brought myself to look at what the Democrats are saying about this, but it looks on the outside to be racially motivated. I have loved hearing Steele speak for a while and don't doubt the pick at all...but the timing was ALL wrong on this one. Why was he not picked 2 years ago? That may have made a difference in where we are now.

I hate to hear all the hype about Obama being the first African-American POTUS, when all through the election we were told it was NOT ABOUT RACE. Enough is enough. i don't want to play the game...
    marmar (1000+ posts) Sun Feb-01-09 12:07 PM
    Original message

Michael Steele, another garden-variety Republican asshole.....
    It appears that many of them feel the same way about Steele as about all the other African-Americans that have escaped their Plantation.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Never would have gotten a chance if not for who was now president, but this guy was probably the best pick, least crazy and most grounded about what needs to be done.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Never would have gotten a chance if not for who was now president
    As someone who has followed his political career from a neighboring state, I definitely disagree with you.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    As someone who has followed his political career from a neighboring state, I definitely disagree with you.
    I thought he was the best decision, but he wouldn't have that position otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Never would have gotten a chance if not for who was now president, but this guy was probably the best pick, least crazy and most grounded about what needs to be done.
    True. If McCain had won - they whole centrist rino movement would have held sway over the party as a whole. They would have elected Joe Liberman Party head.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.