1. #1 Should NFL overtime rules be changed? 
    Vic Carucci's take:
    I'm all for changing the rules of overtime to help minimize the impact of the luck of a coin toss on the outcome. You win the toss, you win the game ... or so it seems.

It shouldn't be that easy.

Steve Wyche's take:
    To the chagrin of Donovan McNabb, changing the rules of overtime is something that really doesn't need to be done at this point.

There is a legitimate argument -- and one that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell made at a news conference today -- that the team that wins the coin toss increasingly scores right away and wins. Does the coin toss create a competitive advantage/disadvantage? Maybe.

link to the discussion

I'd like to see them play for 1 qtr and the team that is leading wins. If no team is leading, it's a tie. What's the big deal and why make it more complicated?
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

Banned
    Me, I would like the NFL overtime rules to be like College overtime rules... except instead of starting on the 25 yard line, start on like the 40 yard line. Unlimited overtime.

Jerry

Regular Season:

Get rid of it. I'd like to see some coaches grinding over the decision whether to go for two or not.

Playoffs:

Play one full quarter. If still tied after that, play another full quarter, and so on.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

I think your suggestion for the regular season is fine but not for the playoff games because of injuries. Quite frankly I forgot about the playoff games when I said 1qtr so the 1qtr limit and tie won't work for those games.
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

Quote Originally Posted by jawilljr View Post
    Me, I would like the NFL overtime rules to be like College overtime rules... except instead of starting on the 25 yard line, start on like the 40 yard line. Unlimited overtime.

Jerry
    Same here. Only, instead of 4 downs, they keep the ball until they loose possession...or maybe give them 3 sets of downs.
    "Because we're a great nation, our challenges seem complex; it will always be this way. But as long as we remember our first principals and believe in ourselves, the future will always be ours." -Reagan