1. #1 Steele Focused on 3 Critical Races in Rebuilding GOP 
    Steele Focused on 3 Critical Races in Rebuilding GOP
    Newly elected RNC chairman Michael Steele said a GOP comeback rests on the results of three critical races.

Newly elected chairman of the Republican National Committee Michael Steele said he is focused on three races in his effort to rebuild the GOP after it endured worrying losses in November's elections that gave Democrats control of Congress and the White House.

Steele, Maryland's former lieutenant governor and the first black to head the RNC, said one of the most critical battles for the GOP is to capture New York's 20th congressional seat formerly held by U.S. Sen. Kristen Gillibrand, D-N.Y.

"It is the first of a series of races that are coming up that are going to be incredibly important," Steele said in remarks Saturday to the Republican House Retreat in Hot Springs, Va.

Steele said he will be in New York next week for a meeting with Republican state leadership to "map out the strategy to take that seat."

"That win will send a powerful signal to the rest of the country and especially those folks in the elite media who think they know so much more than the rest of us," he said.

"Our game is not up ... our message still rings true with countless Americans, specifically with those in the 20th congressional district," he added.

The Republican chairman said the GOP's second focus will be on winning the governorship in both Virginia and New Jersey, along with other state offices.

"That is our fight," he said of the two races.

Link
    Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.

--Albert Einstein

Here's another idea to rebuilding the GOP: get rid of the piece of sh*t, wimpy RINOs who got us in this mess in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by cat714 View Post
    Here's another idea to rebuilding the GOP: get rid of the piece of sh*t, wimpy RINOs who got us in this mess in the first place.
    Start with those two witches in Maine, then work the rest of the country including McCain.
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by cat714 View Post
    I may get flamed for this, maybe burnt to a crisp, but I don't blame the "Piece of shit RINOs".

I put the blame on a few others.

First is and sadly as I say it Pres. Bush. I supported him till the end, but he killed us politically. A sitting President is usualy the parties greatest champion in helping his party retain power, but Bush drove voters away from the party as few liked or respected him. Just look at the last few months of the elections, Bush was almost absent from view, in my opinion to give McCain his best chance as he/we knew he would hurt his chances of winning. Bush alienated too many in his last few years, his lack of a better term, arrogance just drove voters away from the GOP. Look at why people voted the way they did, they repeatedly were saying they were voting Dem, because they hated Bush.

Second I blame Tom DeLay, and other Republicans like him when they had their chance at doing things right. Look at what he, and others like him did when they had control over our nations spending. They went on a spending spree of special interest spending. Tom Delay went mad making sure all those lobbyists who helped the GOP win big in 2000, got a return on their investments. I understand that this happens no matter who wins, but Delay went too over the top. Republicans have always believed every day is the Fourth of July, but Delay and others like him acted like it was April 15.

Third I blame the GOP in general, in their inability to really stand up to the constant attacks. Case in point, the constant attacks on Sara by the left. Or even after the elections when she came under fire. Where was the GOP and McCain? She basically took the brunt of it while we heard little from those who should have lept to her defence. If we would have attacked Obama, the left immediately leaped to his defence, but we didn't really see that kind of response from our side.

And lastly, I blame we the base of the GOP voters. In our sit home out of despise of a RINO candidate that we didn't like and didn't bother to get out there and vote. While we sat on our collective arses because we didn't like McCain, the DNC won.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

The GOP should not write off the Governor's race in Michigan next year. The dems don't really have a strong candidate, since Dennis Archer said he's not running. We've got the current LT. Governor, who no one really knows anything about. We've got Fieger, who scares the crap out of most sane voters.

You guys have Hoekstra, but he is a religious right candidate, which will not sell Oakland County, a critical swing county for either party. You can't win with West Michigan only, you still have to pick off half of Macomb and most of Oakland to win.

If the race were to come down to say, David Gorcyca as the republican vs Fieger as the dem, my liberal democrat self will vote for Gorcyca. He's a good guy, overall, and he's well-liked around metro Detroit.

I pray the dems are more sensible than to nominate Fieger, but they have done it before.