Thread: Lawmaker says be a squatter

1. #1 Lawmaker says be a squatter 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    May the FORCE be with you!

Great, let's tie up our courts even more!

The idea that most people require highly paid legal representation when when making a loan is just sheer stupidity. It's a full-employment act for a new class of lawyers. The woman in the clip admitted that she didn't read the loan and didn't realize that she had an ARM.

I don't agree with that or the notion that home buyers need the government to pay off their defaulted mortgages.

If I was a bank, however, the idea of the just looking the other way after a foreclosure and allowing the former home owner to remain in residence until the property was sold might be smart. The former owner is less likely to trash the place right away and they will prevent real squatters from occupying the building and burning it down.

Power CUer
    The Washington Post had an article about foreclosure court on Saturday:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...013004018.html

Basically, a lot of people are clueless about what they committed to when they signed their mortgage papers. How can you not know that you have an ARM, not a fixed rate?

"Reeley and her husband ran into financial problems after they lost their garage door business in October 2007. They fell behind on their mortgage, but she said she was unaware of the foreclosure and the sale of her four-bedroom Cape Cod home until a notice was taped to her front door.

Dawson orders Reeley and her husband to pay $60.82 a day to the bank until they leave the property or are evicted. Reeley runs from the courtroom and falls into the arms of her best friend. "This isn't fair," she said, tears streaming down her cheeks. "They stole my house." "

Um.... no. "They" didn't. :(
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I guess they never heard the term 'buyer beware'.
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

Power CUer
    If "buyer beware" means "UNDERSTAND the documents you're signing", then I agree.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

That's what I believe it means.
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

Idon't feel sorry for them ....READ THE DAMN PAER YOU"RE SIGNING!!!! WHat if there was a clause in their signing away your first-born child? I never sign/agree to anything without reading it first (except the very lengthy EULAs for some computer programs).
    "Because we're a great nation, our challenges seem complex; it will always be this way. But as long as we remember our first principals and believe in ourselves, the future will always be ours." -Reagan