Thread: How cool is this!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 How cool is this!!!! 
    Wow!!!

http://gopsusports.cstv.com/sports/m...062008aaa.html

Penn State Volleyball National Champions To Visit White House
    Nittany Lions to meet with President Bush Tuesday

June 20, 2008

UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. - Members of the Penn State men's and women's national championship volleyball teams will travel to Washington D.C. on Tuesday, June 24 to visit the White House and meet with President Bush for NCAA Champions Day.

The Nittany Lions will join 18 other NCAA National Championship teams to be honored, which includes a tour of the White House, photos with the President and a speech on the South Lawn. Each squad will also present the President with a gift.

In 2007-2008, Penn State became just the second school in NCAA history - and the first school ever outside of California - to have its men's and women's volleyball programs capture the national title in the same school year. The feat is also only the 19th time in NCAA history - in all Division I sports - that a program has had its men's and women's programs capture a national championship in the same academic year.

Ok, seriously. Don't they need a chaperone? I can cancel court tomorrow. :p

And...way cool!!

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    The Nittany Lions will...
    Good for your son, Jumpy!!
    Last edited by Phillygirl; 06-23-2008 at 10:27 PM. Reason: cuz I can...and it's a nice thread.

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Good for your son, Jumpy!!
    I saw it before the edit. :D

To tell the truth, I am not even sure that my son is going. He was home last weekend and didnt even mention it, and I had to read about it on the internet!!! He is currently working a Volleyball camp, and I am not sure that he will even be able to go. I think this all happened pretty fast..some of the other starting players are playing all over the world right now. Maybe just a couple of representatives from each team will be there.
    I sure hope my son gets to go, as it really is a chance of a lifetime.. politics aside, it is a huge honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    I saw it before the edit. :D

To tell the truth, I am not even sure that my son is going. He was home last weekend and didnt even mention it, and I had to read about it on the internet!!! He is currently working a Volleyball camp, and I am not sure that he will even be able to go. I think this all happened pretty fast..some of the other starting players are playing all over the world right now. Maybe just a couple of representatives from each team will be there.
    I sure hope my son gets to go, as it really is a chance of a lifetime.. politics aside, it is a huge honor.
    Yes it is. Screw the camp. He needs to go to the White House!

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Yes it is. Screw the camp. He needs to go to the White House!
    You have been a naughty girl Philly but I forgive you.

You have been a naughty girl Philly but I forgive you.
    Thanks gator. That means the world to me. Truly.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Thanks gator. That means the world to me. Truly.
    Don't ever do it again. It will be a vicious war and I have weapons that you don't even know about.

So much for that. Lets get back to the subject of the thread.

Don't ever do it again. It will be a vicious war and I have weapons that you don't even know about.

So much for that. Lets get back to the subject of the thread.
    Oh, come on...you laughed. You know you did. Now congratulate Jumpy's son properly instead of by proxy.

I kindve liked the "Screw the camp" comment. :D I didn't really notice it though until Gator highlighted it.

Okay, enough about that... hehe. I will let you know tomorrow, if and when I have details of what went down. My son is not answering his cell phone :mad: , but he is really good at calling back. I have my fingers crossed that he will be on the bus for DC.. or already is in DC.