Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    I can not believe he didn't go!!! Kick his butt!!

But cool for the other kids.
    I finally talked to him today. He did not go because he was working a volleyball camp, about an hour or so from the PSU campus, and he happened to be back at campus, but he realized he did not have his LICENSE, PHOTO ID with him.. he had left it back at the volleyball camp site. !!!!! OH MY GOD!!!! So he said it was "no biggie.. he just didnt go. He says he is not upset about it, and he didn't sound upset at all. I am upset!!!!

I guess I could be upset about worse things than this, but still!!!

Somehow ALL of the other team members managed to get there.. the athletes playing internationally, for the USA teams scattered all over the Country, and even the World.

Lots of pics are posted at the PSU website, the men's and women's teams were both invited, and the pics are cool!

This is one of my favorites. I would not want to upset one of these guys!!

Oh, gosh. How terrible. I guess he needed the photo id for the plane or just for access to the white house?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Oh, gosh. How terrible. I guess he needed the photo id for the plane or just for access to the white house?
    Not the plane..being so close, they took a bus. He would've needed it for access to the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I grew up with him, so to speak. My father was a high-level administrator with Penn State for many years, and Rip Engle was a good friend of the family. Paterno was Engle's assistant, so we knew him all along, to some extent. State College was a small town when I grew up there; the Class Clown in my junior high (whom my mother taught in elementary school), is now the director of the entire athletic program. My father isn't that many years older than Paterno, and keeps fussing that he should retire. :p
    Joepa is a family friend?!?!?!:eek: Man, what I'd give to meet that guy. In my opinion he's the greatest college football coach of all time. I think his record will speak for itself and put him in the history books.;)

Wow, so you grew up in State College huh? I was down south in Southern Lancaster county, but I knew the State College area. My uncle went to school up at Penn State and a lot of my cousins went to college there and in the surrounding areas. Up further North I always loved driving through Lock Haven...we have a hunting cabin up in Clinton County just west of Williamsport.:D
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Power CUer
    Yep, Happy Valley. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    Not the plane..being so close, they took a bus. He would've needed it for access to the White House.
    Oh, man. Damn, the kid should have called. We could have gotten him his i.d. in time. Someday he'll look back on this and kick himself for it. But, nice to know that he's so laid back.