Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Hello everyone! Here's how I got here 
    It was a dark and stormy night. Well, not quite, but it was cold out that day.

Back in Feb of '08, I started to take an interest in our political system that is of this great nation. But at the time, my college student brain figured that I should side with the Democrats. After all, everything was Bush's fault, right? :) So I initially supported Obama and when the time came for the PA primaries, I voted for him. Yup, everything seemed peachy as the cold winter gave way to the warm summer.

But then, I came across a figure named Ron Paul. Now, please don't throw tomatoes at me, I do realize his foreign policy is cheesier than a liberal's. But what got me interested in him was his background in free market economics. It's what led me to stop believing the liberal lie that "all conservatives are fascists" and instead see things from a constitutional perspective. This got me motivated enough to switch to the Republican party in the summer and I was certainly educating myself about conservative beliefs. I even started listening to Rush, who I didn't know existed until I started scanning the radio one day.

Unfortunately for me (and you), it still wasn't enough to change my perspective of Obama. At the time, I still had those Bush-derangement syndrome feelings and McCain's campaign wasn't exactly doing too well. So I ended up voting for Obama in the '08 election. Oh God, I can still remember it too well. We use paper ballots and I can still remember filling that dot in extra hard to make sure that it counted. What was I thinking? Nothing, apparently in this case.

It wasn't until after the election that I started doing my homework. Have you ever had that "oh crap" feeling when you realize that you forgot to do something important? That's what i kind of felt when i realized how crazy this guy was (ties to Ayers) and seeing how his past was nothing like the media portrayed it on TV. That's when i became determined that I would never let my emotions be blinded by reality and on that month, I became a conservative.

So, that's my story. I'm still in college as a junior going into IT. I've posted around some other forums with the same name, so I'm more thick-skinned now. ;) Hopefully, I'll remember to come over here once in a while and give my input.

Even though this may all be your fault swirly we forgive you because your a kid. JUST DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN! And once more welcome!:D

Welcome aboard! You'll find all types, most (but not all) would answer to "conservative" before they'd answer to Republican. I'm a registered Libertarian.

You aren't the first to vote for a 'tard and not the last that will end up here, either. We've all had our moments.

Look around, post some threads in the Forums (read the rules first), come on down and hang in the Lounge. We're happy to have you. :D

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Even though this may all be your fault swirly we forgive you because your a kid. JUST DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN! And once more welcome!:D
    OMG!!!! He's the one??!!!??:eek::mad:

Kidding. Welcome Swirley. :D
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Welcome Swirley! Should be fun!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post

You aren't the first to vote for a 'tard and not the last that will end up here, either. We've all had our moments.
    Okay. FINE. I admit it. I voted for Bill Clinton. Are you happy now? :mad:
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Okay. FINE. I admit it. I voted for Bill Clinton. Are you happy now? :mad:
    :eek::eek::eek:

:eek::eek::eek:
    I was young and naive - and I still thought I was a 'liberal.'
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

haha, trust me, i've learned my lesson. :) I'll make up for it when I vote for Pat Toomey to oust that old coot Specter.

Quote Originally Posted by swirling_vortex View Post
    haha, trust me, i've learned my lesson. :) I'll make up for it when I vote for Pat Toomey to oust that old coot Specter.
    I went through a liberal stage too. For some reason i always voted Republican though. I guess because I was raised that way or it could be the old do as i say not as I do thing!