Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    If you mean "folk/guitar" masses, I couldn't agree more. :p
    That's actually a part of it - the diminishment of the solemn dignity of the mass but it extends to a lot of things. Some are obvious like the various erroneous prohibitions against kneeling to receive communion on the tongue or allowing Latin masses to be sung. Others are a deliberate rejection of doctrine or dogma in order to push certain social agendas such sanctioning collective absolution outside of emergencies or allowing the "cafeteria" approach to Catholic teachings in schools or in RCIA classes.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    If you mean "folk/guitar" masses, I couldn't agree more. :p
    You sound just like a disgruntled former Catholic theologian sweety ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    That's actually a part of it - the diminishment of the solemn dignity of the mass but it extends to a lot of things. Some are obvious like the various erroneous prohibitions against kneeling to receive communion on the tongue or allowing Latin masses to be sung. Others are a deliberate rejection of doctrine or dogma in order to push certain social agendas such sanctioning collective absolution outside of emergencies or allowing the "cafeteria" approach to Catholic teachings in schools or in RCIA classes.
    You do continue to amaze me with the depth of your knowledge of the liturgy and dogma of the Catholic church.You put forth the church's tenants in a clear and concise way without judgemental comments and without the personal venom so often found in disillusioned Former Catholics .

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    You do continue to amaze me with the depth of your knowledge of the liturgy and dogma of the Catholic church.You put forth the church's tenants in a clear and concise way without judgemental comments and without the personal venom so often found in disillusioned Former Catholics .
    I have no quarrel with the RCC or any other historic Christian tradition. There's a reason they are 'historic'. The doctrines of Orthodoxy, Catholicism, and the great reformed churches of Protestantism are all worthy of endless study. A lifetime of effort would only scratch the surface. ;)

Power CUer
    You sound just like a disgruntled former Catholic theologian sweety ?
    I went to a Jesuit university, which was enough to disgruntle me as far as the Catholic church, but I'm not, and never have been, Catholic.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I went to a Jesuit university, which was enough to disgruntle me as far as the Catholic church, but I'm not, and never have been, Catholic.

That in itself is sign of GOD'S mercy to the Catholic church .Let me guess ,Georgetown, if so that would explain much about you !Georgetown is no longer considered to be a Christian university .The Jesuits took down the crucifixes as a cause of embarrassment to them while teaching the heathen and Islamic students .

Power CUer
    As usual, your guessing is wrong. So is referring to "tenants" of the Catholic Church; tenants are renters. The word you want is "tenets".
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

As usual, your guessing is wrong. So is referring to "tenants" of the Catholic Church; tenants are renters. The word you want is "tenets".
    I can always count on you to be there for me.Every word,every key stroke is screutinized and judged.You may continue to be a massive bore but you do have some small redeming uses,Arigato .

I can always count on you to be there for me.Every word,every key stroke is screutinized and judged.You may continue to be a massive bore but you do have some small redeming uses,Arigato .
    LOL!

I have to say that watching you two go at it is vastly entertaining. It's like watching a professional tennis match played with badminton rackets and beach balls. :p

Power CUer
    It's never too late for literacy. I still have some amount of (fading) hope for you. :p