Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I take it that they never actually address the facts themselves?

No, they delude themselves into thinking that most muslims are not anti-woman, that the ones who are a small minority within the religion at large. They've got it backwards-Sufism is the cool part of Islam, and there really aren't that many practitioners of it.

Or, they claim it's a cultural thing, not a religious thing-they are not totally wrong with this argument, but every other culture that used to use religion to justify the subservience of women, including those that are predominately christian or jewish, has adjusted. What are the two middle eastern countries where women can vote? Israel and Iraq-the first, because jewish culture allows women rights, the second, because our troops have made it so, not because the muslim leaders changed their minds.

I don't believe in discriminating against the muslim-americans I come into contact with at the store or work. They're americans who choose to practice a religion I choose not to practice. But no way is anyone going to try to make me wear a burka, nor will they ever convince me that women tempt men into raping them because they are not covered from head to toe. 120 years ago in this country, women weren't allowed to vote. In the 50s, a rape victim could not get justice if she'd ever had sex outside of marriage. It bugs me to no end that people who consider themselves feminists don't see the threat that militant muslims pose to women.

Banned
    Funny the last women Poli slept with prolly felt they had to blow themselves up to escape the shame. :p:D:)

(sorry could not resist)

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    No, they delude themselves into thinking that most muslims are not anti-woman, that the ones who are a small minority within the religion at large. They've got it backwards-Sufism is the cool part of Islam, and there really aren't that many practitioners of it.

Or, they claim it's a cultural thing, not a religious thing-they are not totally wrong with this argument, but every other culture that used to use religion to justify the subservience of women, including those that are predominately christian or jewish, has adjusted. What are the two middle eastern countries where women can vote? Israel and Iraq-the first, because jewish culture allows women rights, the second, because our troops have made it so, not because the muslim leaders changed their minds.

I don't believe in discriminating against the muslim-americans I come into contact with at the store or work. They're americans who choose to practice a religion I choose not to practice. But no way is anyone going to try to make me wear a burka, nor will they ever convince me that women tempt men into raping them because they are not covered from head to toe. 120 years ago in this country, women weren't allowed to vote. In the 50s, a rape victim could not get justice if she'd ever had sex outside of marriage. It bugs me to no end that people who consider themselves feminists don't see the threat that militant muslims pose to women.
    I agree with you about the Sufis, and even some of the other Shia sects, but I consider Wahabbi Islam to be a political rather than a religious system, with the stated goal of overthrowing the Constitutional order in the United States in favor of an Islamic caliphate that applies Shari'a law, and as such, should not enjoy the protections of the First Amendment guarantees of religious freedom. A Christian group that openly flouted the law and fomented violence against non-believers would be forcibly disbanded and their leaders jailed. We should be deporting clerics who preach jihad against America and razing their mosques. Those Moslems that do not subscribe to the idea of overthrowing the Constitution would have the same rights as all other religious groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    Funny the last women Poli slept with prolly felt they had to blow themselves up to escape the shame. :p:D:)
    (sorry could not resist)
    Okay, that's funny!
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

This is true, but why settle for defiling when you can cause physical as well as psychological pain?
    Compromise - soak her in bacon fat. That way she smells wonderful - burns nicely - is defiled and will have that full knowledge as she burns.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Or, they claim it's a cultural thing, not a religious thing
    They are right on target - but they over look one key thing - Arab culture IS islamic culture. They are one and the same thing.

(sorry could not resist)
    At lest I can get real women to sleep with me. How is your blow up doll BTW? :p

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    At lest I can get real women to sleep with me. How is your blow up doll BTW? :p
    Your comeback was full of fail, I pity you. :D

Your comeback was full of fail, I pity you. :D
    sorry. Having just gotten laid this morning - I'm also full of mellow. Hit me this afternoon and I'll have better comebacks for you. Need to build up some angst. :p

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Compromise - soak her in bacon fat. That way she smells wonderful - burns nicely - is defiled and will have that full knowledge as she burns.
    That'll work. Although I still think that you should use a starter log, just to get things going.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

That'll work. Although I still think that you should use a starter log, just to get things going.
    okay - starter log . . . . Would lars suffice??