Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Warmish Wednesday 
    We're having a very nice couple of days. Temps may get into the 60s today and tomorrow! Yay!

TOTD: In the book thread I mentioned that I was reading 'A Party of One: The Loners' Manifesto'. I finished it and passed it along to another loner who is loving it. The author dismantles a lot of cherished non-loner ideas about loners: we're shy, we're potential serial killers, we don't have friends, sex, or normal family relations, etc. She also points out that loners are more focused, amused, and self-reliant than non-loners.

Do you consider yourself a loner? Do you know any loners (IRL)? If you are a loner, has it caused you any trouble? If you aren't a loner, have you caused loners any trouble by annoying us with your perspective?

Discuss. :D

Power CUer
    TOTD: I don't know if I'm a "loner" but I do love spending time alone - with a book, an old movie, or cooking monster dishes while listening to the opera. I also know that the time alone is finite, and that my spouse will be back after a certain amount of time. I think I appreciate the time alone because it's not ALL the time, if that makes sense.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    It's cold here again. It's supposed to get in the 20's tonight.:(

TOTD: I wouldn't say I'm a loner but I don't have a huge social circle. I've pretty much kept the same two close friends over the years. I agree with Linda about alone time.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

If you aren't a loner, have you caused loners any trouble by annoying us with your perspective?
    Let's see....

LONER = LOSER.

If a person only has three friends, it is probably because only three people can stomach being around them.

Is that annoying enough?

rm -rf obama*

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    Let's see....

LONER = LOSER.

If a person only has three friends, it is probably because only three people can stomach being around them.

Is that annoying enough?
    Or you choose to only have 3 friends.....

I know alot of people, but few are friends. Others are friends that I have not seen in years.

Like Linda & Shannon, I like my quiet time.

After being slammed with customers at work, the last thing I want to do after work is socialize. :D

Cold. cold, cold here with more of same but even colder for the next couple of days.

TOTD. Wouldn't necessarily say I'm a loner, but I do spend a lot of time by myself. I enjoy company but a lot of my hobbies are single user.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Unless it's a female visitor that comes alone, I hate company.

If she tries to show up with the kids, I end things pretty quickly.

It's 79 degrees here...clear and sunny skies, but I'm sure there is a dark cloud over Sacramento.

When I got divorced, I wanted lots of time to myself. I still enjoy it...it's very relaxing and healthy. I wouldn't call myself a loner, but I am certainly not a social butterfly.

COLD, COLD, COLD!!! Record low forecast tonight!

TOTD: I'd consider myself one. It's more of a personal choice. I like my quiet time, find loud/talkative people annoying, and trust only a few people. I think about the only trouble it causes is when I need references...I'll call people and they might remember me, but don't know much about me.
    "Because we're a great nation, our challenges seem complex; it will always be this way. But as long as we remember our first principals and believe in ourselves, the future will always be ours." -Reagan

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Supposed to get down to 11 by tomorrow morning but it's supposed to be in the 60's by the weekend! Yay!

I was a loner...till I got married. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!