Thread: Tuesday

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Tuesday 
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Yes, it's Tuesday. Apparently some people are not aware of that fact. (SR!:mad:) I hoped my Tuesday woes would be over when Goldwater was replaced but nooooo. I have no topic of the day. I'm annoyed that I was forced to start this thread. Ginger, you must come up with something.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Power CUer
    But I was good. Yesterday. I stepped up. :o

Goldwater
    Yay, I'm not the only lazy underachieving bum. :)

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    But I was good. Yesterday. I stepped up. :o
    She doesn't care. I mean, what have you done for her today?

The weather continues to be perfect and the garden is flourishing (except one pepper plant with a bug issue). We're grilling hamburgers tonight with fresh corn.

TOTD: Have you ever survived any type of natural disaster that caused widespread havoc? A tree falling on your house doesn't count unless trees fell on dozens of houses at the same time. I'm looking for disasters here.

I've been through 2 tornadoes and one flood. The flood was worse.

She would never say where she came from
    Yesterday dont matter if its gone
    While the sun is bright
    Or in the darkest night
    No one knows
    She comes and goes

Goodbye, ruby tuesday
    Who could hang a name on you?
    When you change with every new day
    Still Im gonna miss you...

Dont question why she needs to be so free
    Shell tell you its the only way to be
    She just cant be chained
    To a life where nothings gained
    And nothings lost
    At such a cost
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

TOTD: Do hurricanes count?:p

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    TOTD: Do hurricanes count?:p
    Only if you are in one ;)
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Patent Member
    Cloudy, overcast, low 80s, and a chance at rain. A perfectly miserable day.

TOTD: If blizzards count, then yes. Otherwise, I tend to make it a habit to stay away from areas where hurricanes hit with incredible regularity. In fact, if you intentionally move into an area where you know you're going to get hit by a hurricane, surviving it shouldn't count.

Those people just ain't right in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    She doesn't care. I mean, what have you done for her today?

The weather continues to be perfect and the garden is flourishing (except one pepper plant with a bug issue). We're grilling hamburgers tonight with fresh corn.

TOTD: Have you ever survived any type of natural disaster that caused widespread havoc? A tree falling on your house doesn't count unless trees fell on dozens of houses at the same time. I'm looking for disasters here.

I've been through 2 tornadoes and one flood. The flood was worse.
    TOTD: Well, no trees falling on dozens of homes (in our immediate area anyway) but we survived 3 hurricanes in as many months (the summer of 04) and dealt with power outages that last for almost 2 weeks (from Charlie, numero uno hurricane), shortages of gasoline because of everyone freaking out, and crazy-ass crowds at the supermarkets prior to said storms arriving buying up EVERYTHING (needless to say we managed to grab up cans of chili and Doritos to weather the storm...we already had gallons of bottled water). Some fared much much worse than we did...but it was an experience we don't care to repeat now that we own a home instead of rent. Although we do need a nice new privacy fence! :p
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    TOTD: Well, no trees falling on dozens of homes (in our immediate area anyway) but we survived 3 hurricanes in as many months (the summer of 04) and dealt with power outages that last for almost 2 weeks (from Charlie, numero uno hurricane), shortages of gasoline because of everyone freaking out, and crazy-ass crowds at the supermarkets prior to said storms arriving buying up EVERYTHING (needless to say we managed to grab up cans of chili and Doritos to weather the storm...we already had gallons of bottled water). Some fared much much worse than we did...but it was an experience we don't care to repeat now that we own a home instead of rent. Although we do need a nice new privacy fence! :p

I totally forgot about the ridiculousness with the gas. I remember eating room temp Chef Boyardee not Doritos or chili. And a tree fell on my parents house. My mom was out of town and poor dad didn't know what to do!:p