1. #1 What's Your Sign? It Better Be The Right One In Austria. 
    We only employ workers born under specific star signs, says insurance company

By Mail Foreign Service
    Last updated at 3:12 PM on 04th February 2009

A row has broken out in Austria after a company tried to recruit workers born under certain star signs.
    The Salzburg insurance company posted an advert in major newspapers seeking employees for sales and management that were born under certain constellations, claiming statistics indicated that they were the best workers.

'We are looking for people over 20 for part-time jobs in sales and management with the following star signs: Capricorn, Taurus, Aquarius, Aries and Leo,' read the ad that appeared over the weekend.
    It was followed by a wave of protests from equality groups and led to an investigation by the country’s anti-discrimination authorities.

The company is, however, sticking to its guns and a spokesman explained that the move was based on statistical research rather than superstition.

'A statistical study indicated that almost all of our best employees across Austria have one of the five star signs.

'We only decided to continue with that system and hire the best workers,' the spokesman said.
    An investigation by Austrian authorities showed that there was nothing illegal in choosing the employees according to their star signs, as there was no discrimination according to existing laws about gender, age, racial and other equality.

A spokeswoman for the employee’s association of Salzburg told local TV: 'When an employer considers star signs and says: "I want to only hire Pisces, for an example, it must be assumed that within this group of people born under the sign of Pisces there are old and young people, women and women etc.

'It does appear like a certain limitation, but it is not discrimination.'
    It's good to know that I can get a job in Austria!

Daily Mail

Well I can't get a job there. I was born under the sign of 'Caution School Zone'.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Well I can't get a job there. I was born under the sign of 'Caution School Zone'.
    That sign uses the yellow short bus symbol, doesn't it?

I'm just kidding - my symbol is a cow. :p

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post

Someone asked me what my sign was once, and I told them "8 Mile Rd East". My sister always says that her sign is "Stop".

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    It's good to know that I can get a job in Austria!

Daily Mail
    I LOVE IT!! Can't argue with science :)
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Originally Posted by FlaGator
    That sign uses the yellow short bus symbol, doesn't it?

I'm just kidding - my symbol is a cow. :p
    The taxi had to slow down (it was between 2:00pm and 3:15pm) and I was born in the back seat. :D

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Ah, so that explains why I'm such a hard worker :p I'll have to keep that in mind if I'm ever looking for a job. "Statistically, Aries are very industrious!"

You know - if they did the statistics I'll bet that they will find that the protected "minorities" are dominant on the list of their least productive employees.

If 'statistical research' showed that whites were twice as productive as blacks and the company...
    "Because we're a great nation, our challenges seem complex; it will always be this way. But as long as we remember our first principals and believe in ourselves, the future will always be ours." -Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by AHeneen View Post
    If 'statistical research' showed that whites were twice as productive as blacks and the company...
    or that men are more productive than women. :p