Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1 View The International Space Station 
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Miz Bubba and I went out at 6:49 EST and watched the International Space Station go overhead. It was a clear (and cold) night and perfect conditions to view the Station. It is very visible (as a bright light, no details) and we could see it for about a minute to a minute and a half.

    It was fun.

    Here's the link: http://www11.jsc.nasa.gov/sightings/

    Just look for the city nearest you and it will give you a schedule of days and times when you can see it from your location.

    Enjoy.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    16,469
    That's pretty neat!

    Did you see this?

    http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasat...ers_100_75.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    That's pretty neat!

    Did you see this?

    http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasat...ers_100_75.jpg

    Wow. First the Superbowl. Now Outer Space. The Steelers Legend goes on and on......

    Kinda brings a tear to your eye, don't it?
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    16,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Wow. First the Superbowl. Now Outer Space. The Steelers Legend goes on and on......

    Kinda brings a tear to your eye, don't it?
    LOL!!! :)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sarasota,FL
    Posts
    42,834
    When I was down in Sarasota one night I saw the space station and the shuttle moving together across the sky. The shuttle had detached that day and was headed home. It was pretty cool, looked like two starfighters shooting across the sky...:D
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    16,469
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    When I was down in Sarasota one night I saw the space station and the shuttle moving together across the sky. The shuttle had detached that day and was headed home. It was pretty cool, looked like two starfighters shooting across the sky...:D
    Are you sure it was not a pair of UFOs?
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •