Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Friday thread: Movies we can watch over and over and over..... 
    Power CUer
    It's a sunny Friday in the DC area, and will be waaaaay up in the forties today (yesterday topped out around 25).
    Yesterday in the TV thread, FlaGator said: "My ex use to make me sit down and watch the movie 'Grease' every time it was on TV... every single time. It was one of her favorite movies. I got even by making her sit down with me and watch 'Excaliber' every time it was on TV... every single time... all 3+ hours of it."

What movie can you watch over and over and over and over and over again? "Bridge on the River Kwai" and "North by Northwest" are at the top of my list. "Love, Actually" is the chick flick that makes the list, probably because there are so many different people's stories in it.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Cold, cold, cold... in the teens this morning, but the the weather person said that today is the last freeze for a while. Temps should be in the low 70s by the weekend

As Linda mentioned I can watch Excaliber any time it comes on TV. Another I just feel compelled to watch is Goodfellas. Something about the ensemble of Ray Liotta, Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci that is just too engaging to resist.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Downright frigid, albeit warmer than yesterday. My car read as low as 29º this morning, but the frost that covered everything looked quite tranquil along with the sky devoid of clouds and some of the rural roads I took...a bit of a welcome change from the norm. Supposed to get up to 62 today...but 81 on Tues. :) Good weather to head over to the FL State Fair someday this week. The evening news last night showcased all the new foods...can't wait to taste the Deep-fired Pepsi, chocolate-dipped bacon, and battered n' deep-fried pickles...:eek: just joking.

I can watch 'Munich' over and over. I think it is a great action-packed movie, while offering a different perspective on the whole conflict.
    Last edited by AHeneen; 02-06-2009 at 09:06 AM.
    "Because we're a great nation, our challenges seem complex; it will always be this way. But as long as we remember our first principals and believe in ourselves, the future will always be ours." -Reagan

Rainy day here again. Yesterday, we got hardly any rain :(

TOTD: I could watch Boondock Saints over and over. I love that movie.

Cooler today and windy but still pretty nice for this time of year.

TOTD: "Red Dawn", "The Incredibles", "Rear Window", "Double Indemnity", and "Roadhouse" come to mind. I'm a complete sucker for any movie that showcases cheer leading, gymnastics, ice skating, or ballet. It's like some kind of terrible disease. I will actually change my plans to watch "Ice Princess". :eek:

We warmed up to 27 this morning (the last two mornings have been 25 and 18). Suppose to be back in the 70's this weekend.

I can watch Rambo over and over. Another is Blades of Glory, just gets funnier. There are alot to choose from. If I like a movie I'll just buy it and watch it over again.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

a balmy 22 degrees here currently - we're having a heat wave! A tropical HEAT WAVE!

Movies - I watch Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness every chance I get for the laugh factor - LOVE to watch Sean of the dead as well :) I once watched a movie three times in a row because it was soooo ooooooo oooooo oo ooo o o o oooo ooooo funneh. Of course I also puked during this movie too - National Lampoon's Van Wilder. :) Can anyone guess which scene sent me running out of the room to clutch the toilet?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    A pretty sunny day in south Louisiana and supposed to get in the high 60's.

TOTD; I could watch Bullitt, Death Wish and any of the pre 90 Bond movies like Goldfinger, For Your Eyes Only, etc. over and over.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Another is Blades of Glory, just gets funnier.
    I was on a business trip to Ft. Huachuca, Arizona, and saw that in a mall movie theatre when there was absolutely nothing else to do. I braced myself to waste two hours, and unexpectedly found it hilariously funny. I thought it might be because there were no other entertainment choices, but I tuned it in on HBO a few months later to show my husband, and he enjoyed it too.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I was on a business trip to Ft. Huachuca, Arizona, and saw that in a mall movie theatre when there was absolutely nothing else to do. I braced myself to waste two hours, and unexpectedly found it hilariously funny. I thought it might be because there were no other entertainment choices, but I tuned it in on HBO a few months later to show my husband, and he enjoyed it too.
    My favorite line has to be.....

"I swear to God, if you cut my head off....."
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad