Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    That just leads to another question. If you're so fat you can't tell you're that pregnant, who'd want to knock you up in the first place?
    I dont buy this story women use from time to time. I am guy so I dont understand the pregnant thing but please cant a women feel something is happening big time with her body? No periods for 8 months??

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    I dont buy this story women use from time to time. I am guy so I dont understand the pregnant thing but please cant a women feel something is happening big time with her body? No periods for 8 months??
    You would think so. If a woman is too fat or too thin, that can interrupt the menstrual cycle all on its own. Since we don't know how fat we're talking about here, we may just have to go with Ginger's "It's Florida" explanation.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I want to hear Wilbur's take on this situation.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Well, this isn't a "botched abortion", it's just murder.

The baby was delivered, alive and well and the doctor killed it, simple as. Abortion doesn't come into it (with the exception that the mother tried to have it done).

The doctor or clinic staff committed murder by placing a baby born alive into a plastic bag. I think it's pretty clear cut, whatever one's legal opinion of abortion may be. The clinic should have called for an ambulance for the baby immediately after delivering it. The legal issues of parental relinquishment of rights or adoption can be worked out later.

This is likely a rare occurence, but perhaps the law needs to be made more specific in similar situations, so that then the abortion providers can have clear procedural guidelines to follow in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Well, this isn't a "botched abortion", it's just murder.

The baby was delivered, alive and well and the doctor killed it, simple as. Abortion doesn't come into it (with the exception that the mother tried to have it done).
    What was the only difference between this being a routine abortion and murder?
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    In a "routine" late term abortion, at least according to Tiller's site, the baby would have been killed by a lethal dose of Digoxin before delivery. This would "humanely" cause the baby's heart to beat so hard it would literally explode, and then he would be legally born dead.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    In a "routine" late term abortion, at least according to Tiller's site, the baby would have been killed by a lethal dose of Digoxin before delivery. This would "humanely" cause the baby's heart to beat so hard it would literally explode, and then he would be legally born dead.
    Any abortion performed on a baby that can survive outside the mother should be murder no matter what the reason.:mad::(

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The baby was already out of the womb naturally, thats the difference.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    The baby was already out of the womb naturally, thats the difference.
    So if the baby was killed just a minute before it was out of the womb that would be ok?