Hybrid View

1. #1 Kellogg to drop Phelps over pot smoking photo 
    Kellogg to drop Phelps over pot smoking photo

Feb 5, 7:05 PM (ET)

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Cereal and snack maker Kellogg Co. (K) (K) says it will not renew its sponsorhip contract with Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps because he has acknowledged smoking marijuana last fall.

The Battle Creek, Mich.-based company said Thursday that Phelps's behavior - caught on camera and published Sunday - is "not consistent with the image of Kellogg."

The company put Phelps on boxes of its Frosted Flakes and Corn Flakes.

Phelps has kept the backing of many sponsors since the photos surfaced that showed him inhaling from a marijuana pipe.

Phelps's agent was not immediately available to comment.

Kellogg says its contract with Phelps expires at the end of the month.
    That was some expensive weed.

My Way News

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Dumbass.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    That was some expensive weed.

My Way News
    Kellogs dropped the last gold medel winner Mark Spitz I think it was because he 'came out' as I recall !Can't have a Homo's Face on the Wheaties Breakfast of Champions box at breakfast time don cha know !

Sonnabend
    No, they didn't drop him and as far as I can find, they never did sponsor him.. Mark Spitz has some big name sponsors now.

Lareus, GoDaddy, Nicklaus...he's all set.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    No, they didn't drop him and as far as I can find, they never did sponsor him.. Mark Spitz has some big name sponsors now.

Lareus, GoDaddy, Nicklaus...he's all set.
    Wheaties Got Screwed
    Kellogg's must have shelled out BIG bucks! According to Michael Phelps' agent there will be “no Wheaties box this time around; it’s going to be Kellogg’s” for the winner of 8 Olympic gold medals. Access Hollywood reports that Kellogg’s confirmed to them that Phelps will appear on both Kellogg’s Corn Flakes and Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes.
    It's terrific for his name and it helps us because it brought Mark back into the spotlight," says Barry Blank, chief executive of Get Gold Cash, which buys gold through the mail and just signed Spitz as its spokesman. We're not crazy about these types of mail-in programs, by the way, but we can't fault Spitz for taking the spokesman gig on the eve of the games. (Get Gold Cash didn't reveal terms of the endorsement deal, and Spitz, presumably too busy panning for old dental filings and scrap jewelry, couldn't be reached for comment.)
    True, Spitz won't rake in Phelps-type money; the guy got a $1 million bonus from Speedo just for tying Spitz's record. Phelps's agent has guessed that his client could make as much as $50 million over time just cashing in on his name.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Kellogs dropped the last gold medel winner Mark Spitz I think it was because he 'came out' as I recall !Can't have a Homo's Face on the Wheaties Breakfast of Champions box at breakfast time don cha know !
    Wasn't that Louganis?
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

He's not turning out to be any great role model, but there is a lot more important news to report than some swimmer smoking pot. I guess the press didn't want to have to report about Obama and the Dems fleecing of the rest of us.

Kelloggs dropped a marijuana smoker and replaced him with a dick smoker !!
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Gravy View Post
    Wasn't that Louganis?
    Correct, Louganis not Spitz came out of the closet:eek:
    Last edited by lacarnut; 02-26-2009 at 09:14 PM.

gskibum