Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Dunkin' Donuts pulls Rachael Ray ad 
    Eyelids
    Dunkin' Donuts pulls Rachael Ray ad
    The coffee and donut chain says it yanked online spot to avoid 'misperception'; professor says links to extremism are narrow-minded and even racist.

BOSTON (AP) -- Dunkin' Donuts has pulled an online advertisement featuring Rachael Ray after complaints that a fringed black-and-white scarf that the celebrity chef wore in the ad offers symbolic support for Muslim extremism and terrorism.

The coffee and baked goods chain said the ad that began appearing online May 7 was pulled over the past weekend because "the possibility of misperception detracted from its original intention to promote our iced coffee."

In the spot, Ray holds an iced coffee while standing in front of trees with pink blossoms.

Conservative commentator Michelle Malkin complained that the scarf wrapped around her looked like a kaffiyeh, the traditional Arab headdress. ''The kaffiyeh, for the clueless, is the traditional scarf of Arab men that has come to symbolize murderous Palestinian jihad,'' Malkin wrote in her syndicated column.
    More
    Last edited by ralph wiggum; 05-30-2008 at 03:01 PM.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    I'd move this to the Whiny Zone, unfortunately that forum isn't up yet. I'll just change the title instead.

Eyelids

she is absolutely terrifying. You can just see how much of a terrorist she is.

I just knew she was up to something nefarious. When are they shipping her off to Club Gitmo?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

This is an idiotic over-reaction, at best.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    This is an idiotic over-reaction, at best.

Tragicly thats the American way isn't it. Ironic that you can buy scarfs and shemaghs like that out many stores/wholesalers that sell tactical gear. like so........................

http://www.actiongear.com/cgi-bin/ta...Flevel3c%2Etam

Mweh.

She's overexposed, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Aklover View Post
    Tragicly thats the American way isn't it. Ironic that you can buy scarfs and shemaghs like that out many stores/wholesalers that sell tactical gear. like so........................

http://www.actiongear.com/cgi-bin/ta...Flevel3c%2Etam
    Yep - I put this tripe in the "American Fries" column. We’re blind sheep doing circles at the bottom of a well.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Hmm... Yeah. This is a case of over-reacting, just like when Jews over-react about swastikas. Hey, if I want to wear a swastika as a fashion statement completely divorced from how the Nazis used it, I should have that right! How to wear it, though... Hrm... Maybe on a fashionable red armband...

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Yep - I put this tripe in the "American Fries" column. We’re blind sheep doing circles at the bottom of a well.
    Oh, goodie! I get to relive the satisfaction of putting your sorry behind on ignore again. Whee!