Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 New low for Fred Phelps. 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Westboro Baptist Church

NEWS RELEASE
    WBC TO PICKET LITTLE CAYLEE ANTHONY'S FUNERAL, FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH OF ORLANDO, 3000 S. John Young Parkway, Tue., Feb. 10, 9:15 to 10:00 a.m
    This picket will be educational in nature, in respectful and lawful distance, in religious protest and warning; to wit: "Be not deceived; God is not mocked." Gal. 6:7. This poor child has been murderously abused by America and her American parents and grandparents. We live in a nation that is cursed and abandoned by
    God, whose hands drip with the blood of millions of aborted babies, whose citizens are wallowing in sodomic morals - Whose new Pres. Obama has promised more sins!
    GOD HATES AMERICA.
    Is there no way of getting rid of these arses for good?
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

nope. Just like we can't get rid of democrats or of Rinos
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I guess he felt he hasn't had enough news coverage in a while... Phelps and his group are most assuredly people who need hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ before it is too late for them.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I guess he felt he hasn't had enough news coverage in a while... Phelps and his group are most assuredly people who need hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ before it is too late for them.
    They probably know it better than most people... they follow it to the letter. They simply do not rationalize away the nasty bits.

To quote Sam Harris (so many good ones to choose from): "Moderates are simply failed fundamentalists."

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    They probably know it better than most people... they follow it to the letter. They simply do not rationalize away the nasty bits.

To quote Sam Harris (so many good ones to choose from): "Moderates are simply failed fundamentalists."
    There's a difference between reading it and knowing... Phelps does not know the Gospel otherwise his actions would be different. They don't even come close to following it. The Gospel tells us to love our neighbors and to pray for our enemies and wish them well. How is Fred doing that?

Harris' statement only proves that he is as ignorant of the Gospel as Phelps is and probably needs it just as badly. It seems that you could use a better understanding of it yourself. At best you understanding is greatly lacking.
    Last edited by FlaGator; 02-09-2009 at 08:50 AM.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    There's a difference between reading it and knowing... Phelps does not know the Gospel otherwise his actions would be different. They don't even come close to following it. The Gospel tells us to love our neighbors and to pray for our enemies and wish them well. How is Fred doing that?

Harris' statement only proves that he is as ignorant of the Gospel as Phelps is and probably needs it just as badly. It seems that you could use a better understanding of it yourself. At best you understanding is greatly lacking.

Phelps knows the gospel, he is just deliberately perverting it to meet the needs of himself and his sick congregation.

You constantly prove your ignorance and idiocy.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Oh, yes, forgive me, I always rationalize away the parts of the Gospel that says "tell thy neighbor that he, and his country, shalt burn in hell whilst thee protest his funeral"

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Rose View Post
    Oh, yes, forgive me, I always rationalize away the parts of the Gospel that says "tell thy neighbor that he, and his country, shalt burn in hell whilst thee protest his funeral"
    I believe that it's part of the Sermon on the Mount: "Blessed are the hateful moonbats, for theirs is the fifteen minutes of fame and the pithy soundbyte."
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar

You are quite wrong on them knowing the Bible and following it. They absolutely do NOT follow the Bible.

They follow the CHARACATURE that people like you believe about the Bible believers.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.