1. #1 A-Rod admits, regrets use of PEDs 
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    His voice shaking at times, Alex Rodriguez met head-on allegations that he tested positive for steroids six years ago, telling ESPN on Monday that he did take performance-enhancing drugs while playing for the Texas Rangers during a three-year period beginning in 2001.

"When I arrived in Texas in 2001, I felt an enormous amount of pressure. I needed to perform, and perform at a high level every day," Rodriguez told ESPN's Peter Gammons in an interview in Miami Beach, Fla. "Back then, [baseball] was a different culture. It was very loose. I was young, I was stupid, I was nave. I wanted to prove to everyone I was worth being one of the greatest players of all time.

"I did take a banned substance. For that, I'm very sorry and deeply regretful."

Rodriguez's admission comes 48 hours after Sports Illustrated reported that Rodriguez was on a list of 104 players who tested positive for banned substances in 2003, the year when Major League Baseball conducted survey tests to see if mandatory, random drug-testing was needed in the sport.

LINK

Did he give back the MVP award?

I bet his only regret is he got caught.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Did he give back the MVP award?
    There would be a lot of returned hardware if the steroid users had to give them back.