Thread: Book Thread!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Book Thread! 
    Figured I'd kick off the very first Book Thread for the revamped CU...

I'm currently two-thirds of the way through James Rollins' last release, The Judas Strain. Pretty decent read, as usual... His new Sigma Force novel, The Last Oracle, comes out very soon...next week, I think...
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    I've been re-reading "The Golfer's Mind" by Dr. Bob Rotella. One in a series of his books about the mental game of golf.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    I've been re-reading "The Golfer's Mind" by Dr. Bob Rotella. One in a series of his books about the mental game of golf.
    I picked up a book at the local library called How Tiger Does It. I haven't dived into that one yet, but it looks good. All about how he gets in "the zone" and such.

Right now, I'm reading Death of a Dream. It's a 48 Hours Mystery book. I love true crime books. Does that make me sick?

Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    I picked up a book at the local library called How Tiger Does It. I haven't dived into that one yet, but it looks good. All about how he gets in "the zone" and such.

Right now, I'm reading Death of a Dream. It's a 48 Hours Mystery book. I love true crime books. Does that make me sick?
    I generally avoid Tiger books on general principle. Who wrote it? I haven't been in a bookstore in a while, so I'm not familiar with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    Figured I'd kick off the very first Book Thread for the revamped CU...

I'm currently two-thirds of the way through James Rollins' last release, The Judas Strain. Pretty decent read, as usual... His new Sigma Force novel, The Last Oracle, comes out very soon...next week, I think...
    I'm waiting for that one too, June 24.
    I just reread all the Reilly and Rollins books these past few weeks and am ready for a new one.
    Been checking the mail each day for the Ed Lee books!

Too bad you didnt get to come over,I rearranged my bookshelves a new way.

Did them by author but kept hardbacks and paperbacks together.
    The new John Sanford book, Invisible prey was good as was Baldacci's, The Whole Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    I generally avoid Tiger books on general principle. Who wrote it? I haven't been in a bookstore in a while, so I'm not familiar with it.
    Brad Kearns. Ever heard of him?

Amazon

Not really, Jen. Now some of the horror novels I read--especially of the Ed Lee ilk--are pretty graphic...but he's just a terrific, no-frills, storyteller...
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    I'm waiting for that one too, June 24.
    I just reread all the Reilly and Rollins books these past few weeks and am ready for a new one.
    Been checking the mail each day for the Ed Lee books!

Too bad you didnt get to come over,I rearranged my bookshelves a new way.

Did them by author but kept hardbacks and paperbacks together.
    The new John Sanford book, Invisible prey was good as was Baldacci's, The Whole Truth.

Oh, man, Pat...I am so sorry...PM me your addy again and I'll make sure we mail those out to you, pronto...

Brad Kearns. Ever heard of him?

Amazon
    I'll bookmark it and check it out at some point. Thanks, Jen.

Power CUer
    I just finished Bill Bryson's amusing memoir, "The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid", and now I need to find something a little more serious to get the brain cells working harder again.