Thread: Book Thread!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I just finished Bill Bryson's amusing memoir, "The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid", and now I need to find something a little more serious to get the brain cells working harder again.
    I have that book and never fnished it, Ill have to dig it out and reread it.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

I've rereading all of the Pendergast novels by Lincoln and Childs. I'm about halfway through Wheel of Darkness which is the last one.

After that I will crack open Bad Moon Rising by Jonathan Maberry. This guy will easily join the ranks of King and Koontz. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap1 View Post
    I've rereading all of the Pendergast novels by Lincoln and Childs. I'm about halfway through Wheel of Darkness which is the last one.

After that I will crack open Bad Moon Rising by Jonathan Maberry. This guy will easily join the ranks of King and Koontz. :)
    Yes, indeed. Shannon read both books in the Pine Deep Trilogy back to back...and she'll be reading the third book probably before I get the chance to.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap1 View Post

That's funny! I'm going to finish this latest Odd Thomas book then finish the Maberry series.:)
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

I'm reading True Evil by Greg Iles. Kinda Bleh. It's not going to change my life but I will finish it.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Gravy View Post
    I'm reading True Evil by Greg Iles. Kinda Bleh. It's not going to change my life but I will finish it.
    What was your previous name on CU? I have read one of his books. It was a bit predictable for me but not bad. My husband likes his books.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    What was your previous name on CU? I have read one of his books. It was a bit predictable for me but not bad. My husband likes his books.
    Yeah. He's not great but not terrible.

Sabaka. I didn't post much.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ