1. #1 Students at my school are proposing a 'green fee'! 
    I received an email today with this bullsh-t...

Don't know what the green fee campaign's all about?

Well, let us tell you about it! The Student Environmental Association is proposing a fee of $0.75 cents per credit hour that would go in its own separate fund to pay for renewable energy and energy efficiency projects on campus!

Okay, I know what you're thinking: Another fee?! NO WAY!

But the green fee isn't just a fee, it's an investment for UCF and a way to produce funds for the American College and University Presidents Climate Commitment (http://www.presidentsclimatecommitme...commitment.pdf) which our president signed last year.

Think it's too costly?

It's really not, let's break it down -

Approx. 15 credit hours per student (18 being the max) x a modest proposed $0.75 fee

Do a little math....

$11.25 to $13.50 per semester added on to our student fees.

Okay, that may get you a mid-grade dinner...or pay for a movie ticket...

...or you can invest in a greener, more sustainable UCF that will last for generations to come!

To put it another way, it's less than the cost of a candy bar ($1) per week! And considering that we pay over $10/credit hour for athletics (yes we understand that's a good cause too), and nobody hardly notices or complains about the steepness of that, we don't think this fee will crimp your wallet too much!

With this fee, we'll be able to fund the initiation of things like LEED certification, renewable energy, and recycling programs. Eventually these programs will produce enough income to sustainably fund the majority, if not all of the program.

So now you are probably wondering why you should invest in something that you may not see the results to right?

Well, you will see the results. Even after you graduate, you will be a member of this planet, for better or worse. The problem doesn't only exist here, but we need to start fixing it from where we are at. If we wait around for somebody else to do things, they'll never get done!

Let's start this fight right now. Are you on Mother Earth's side or not?
    It's not enough that a large portion of my tuition $$ is going towards left-wing professors, soon I'll be extorted for money to support left-wing propaganda!? :mad:
    "Because we're a great nation, our challenges seem complex; it will always be this way. But as long as we remember our first principals and believe in ourselves, the future will always be ours." -Reagan

Tell them that you do not consider yourself a "member of the planet" and so you reject any fees associated with a cosmic incident that you had no say in arranging. :D

Power CUer
    Tell them you're good with it if they meant greens fees and that you'd like a tee time of 10 am on Saturdays.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken