Thread: It's A Twister!

1. #1 It's A Twister! 
    Okla. tornado death toll could rise

The Daily Oklahoman quotes Carter County Sheriff Ken Grace as saying the death toll from Tuesday night's twisters -- already at 8 -- could rise to 15 as rescuers scour the rubble in the devastated town of Lone Grove, Okla., which took the brunt of the storm. Grace, the newspaper says, was unable to confirm the higher figure until teams could get back into the hardest-hit areas. Its just too dangerous, the newspaper quotes Grace as saying, referring to jagged metal and live wires hidden in debris. We dont need to be adding any more injuries to what we already have. The newspaper also offers a photo gallery of the late-night devastation.

As daylight appeared, rescuers in Lone Grove rescued one woman who was trapped all night. All eight deaths occurred in the small town of 5,000 people south of Oklahoma City, the Associated Press and USA TODAY report.

Tornado watches have been issued Wednesday for Mississippi, north-central Louisiana, southeast Arkansas and parts of Missouri and Tennessee.

(Photos from Oklahoma City; top, by Jim Beckel/Daily Oklahoman/AP; bottom, by David McDaniel/The Daily Oklahoman/AP)
    USA Today

Those things scare the "pelosi" out of me. :eek:
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

Quote Originally Posted by tacitus View Post
    Those things scare the "pelosi" out of me. :eek:
    Me, too. Just had a strong wind gust (said we'll be getting 50mph today) through the back yard, along with a sudden downpour. It's kicking up again. I'm very happy we had the large tree by the house severely cut back. Had a huge pine behind the house lowered about 15-20 feet a year ago. The thing is swaying. The dogs are hunkiering down in "their" room.

My mother was in NE on May 29th last year when six twisters hit in one day...all in the same city.

Two months later..she was staying at a RV park in IL on vacation...out of the blue was 90 MPH winds, trees down everywhere. A family she had just met having breakfast two days before, had a tree land on a tent...killing two of their kids and the family dog. :mad: The dad was in the process of waking eveyrone up and loading them into the car for safety. They had six children.

My mom returns to Nebraska this month, hopefully she will find better weather. It makes me nervous.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    My mother was in NE on May 29th last year when six twisters hit in one day...all in the same city.

Two months later..she was staying at a RV park in IL on vacation...out of the blue was 90 MPH winds, trees down everywhere. A family she had just met having breakfast two days before, had a tree land on a tent...killing two of their kids and the family dog. :mad: The dad was in the process of waking eveyrone up and loading them into the car for safety. They had six children.

My mom returns to Nebraska this month, hopefully she will find better weather. It makes me nervous.
    I remember hearing about that storm. I don't recall the specifics but it sounds
    like a micro-burst.
    May the FORCE be with you!