link

redstate_democrat (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-24-08 04:05 PM
Original message
Rove's Strategy for MI: Depress Muslim Turnout for Obama
That's why the MSM has been all over this Muslim Snub meme. They actually believe McCain has a shot at Michigan. Michigan has a LARGE muslim and arab population. If they can create some tension between the Muslim community and Obama, and depress turnout (they don't have to vote McCain, they just need to stay home), then McCain can carry the state.
Of course........it's always a conspiracy theory. No matter what happens....even when it is done entirely by Democrats.........it's Republican dirty tricks.....oh......and trying to "steal the election" too. Can't forget that one.
TeamJordan23 (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-24-08 04:07 PM
Response to Original message
1. It was Keith Ellison, a Democrat, that went public with this not Rove. nm
First response...that'll bring them to reality right?............ah NO.
redstate_democrat (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-24-08 04:08 PM
Response to Reply #1
3. Ellison did, but the MSM isn't exactly running with this because of anything
some representative said or does. They are getting marching orders from the RW on this.
blondeatlast (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-24-08 04:08 PM
4. I don't doubt it's psyops; it's too damn coordinated. Two stories in the NYT
yesterday alone?

I guess we know that Michigan is BIG TIME in play...
redstate_democrat (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-24-08 04:10 PM
Response to Reply #4
7. The RW really thinks MI is big time in play. MI needs to be a TOP priority
I can imagine the shenanigans they will try to pull there. I hope Obama has lots and lots of people on the ground there and does excessive voter registration. Luckily we have a Democratic Governor there.
blondeatlast (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-24-08 04:29 PM
Response to Reply #7
13. This is the BEST campaign I've seen so far and I've been a Dem volunteer since Carter.
We're ready for the dirty tricks this time--and the RW really underestimates the power of the internet (at their own peril, as we've seen).
endarkenment (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-24-08 04:09 PM
6. And with the twist that if Obama reacts
it plays into the long standing 'obama-osama-muslim-sleeper' idiocy. Coordinated multi layer attack. Queue the concern trolls, misguided or with malice aforethought, right here on DU.
redstate_democrat (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-24-08 05:38 PM
Response to Reply #12
16. You misinterpreted the OP.
Your criticism of the OP would be justified if this was my strategy. I am simply pointing out the strategy of the RW. Direct your scorn to the RW. I haven't stated my opinion one way or the other. And no, I don't think Muslims are stupid enough to vote for McCain or not vote as a result of this strategy. I'm simply pointing out what I see them doing.
NYC_SKP (405 posts) Tue Jun-24-08 04:31 PM
14. Another Failed Strategey...
Rove or Ellison, it's not likely to work and might even backfire.

Whatever number of Muslims might change their minds (and that number might be tiny), effect could well be overcome by a larger number turning out in defense of Obama and disgust with the tactic.

Or, to paraphrase zidzi, this whole thing might Obamarang right back in their faces.