1. #1 The Prince of hypocrites: Charles embarks on 16,000 mile 'green' crusade... aboard a 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    This is classic, Teh Prince should invite AlBore. :D

Read about his car that runs on wine!!! AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    This is classic, Teh Prince should invite AlBore. :D

Read about his car that runs on wine!!! AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Prince Charles is the end of the Mountbatten blood line and by all measures isn't very smart .After all he dumped Princess Diana his young wife for Camilla Parker-Bowles,a horsey looking dame of the first water.

His Father is Philip Mountbatten 1st Duke of Edinburgh, KG, PC, GBE, AC, OM ,Note: Baptised with the name of Philip Battenberg, his name was changed to Philip Mounbatten on 28 Feb 1947.Philip also devoted himself to the environment. In particular, he has devoted himself, since visiting the Southern Antarctic Islands in 1956, to raising public awareness of the relationship between humanity and the environment.

He has published and spoken widely for over half a century on this subject.His grandfather was Louis Mountbatten, 1st Earl Mountbatten (of Burma) he was himself Son of Prince Louis of Battenberg and great-grandson of Queen Victoria,he administered the transfer of power from Britain to the independent nations of India and Pakistan and served as the first governor-general of India (1947–48).

He became first sea lord (1955–59) and chief of the United Kingdom Defense Staff (1959–65). In 1979, while on a sailing visit to Ireland, he and his young grandson were assassinated by IRA Irish terrorists who planted a bomb on his boat.Four died on that day: Mountbatten, his grandson Nicholas, Lady Brabourne and Paul Maxwell. Lady Patricia, her husband and Timothy were badly injured, but survived.

Power CUer
    I don't know where you're cutting and pasting from, Megi, but a little fact-checking is in order. Philip was never Philip Battenberg; his mother was a Battenberg princess but he did not carry her name. He was part of the house of Gleucksburg on his father's side.

I can't tell from the garbled prose whether the statement claims that Louis Mountbatten was the grandfather of Philip or Charles, but neither is true. Louis was Philip's uncle and Charles's great uncle.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

4. #4 Prince Louis of Battenberg, Louis Mountbatten, Marquess of Milford Haven 
    Prince Louis of Battenberg, Louis Mountbatten, Marquess of Milford Haven
    24 May 1854 – 11 September 1921
    Place of birth Graz, Austria
    Place of death Naval & Military Club, 42 Half Moon Street, Piccadilly, London, United Kingdom
    Allegiance United Kingdom
    Service/branch Royal Navy
    Years of service 1868–1914
    Battles/wars 1882 Anglo-Egyptian War
    World War I Aug–Oct 1914

Awards GCB (1887 (civil) and 1921 (military)), GCVO (1901), KCMG (1905), PC (1914), KCB (1884 (civil) and 1909 (military)),[1][2] GCCS (1906), GCLA (1908), GCFJ (1877), GCLH, GCRE, GCTS, GCCP, GCRG, GCCW, GCSE, GCRS, KAR, KAN, KWE, KSAR, etc.

Relations Princess Victoria (wife), Louis Mountbatten, 1st Earl Mountbatten of Burma (son), Battenberg family .He married a granddaughter of Queen Victoria, and was the father of Admiral of the Fleet Louis Mountbatten, 1st Earl Mountbatten of Burma, who also served as First Sea Lord from 1954 to 1959. Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, consort of Queen Elizabeth II, is his grandson.So the present Prince of Walles is his great grandson .

......BTW were you conceived at Salem Mass ?
    Last edited by megimoo; 02-14-2009 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Prince Louis of Battenberg, Louis Mountbatten, Marquess of Milford Haven
    24 May 1854 – 11 September 1921
    Place of birth Graz, Austria
    Place of death Naval & Military Club, 42 Half Moon Street, Piccadilly, London, United Kingdom
    Allegiance United Kingdom
    Service/branch Royal Navy
    Years of service 1868–1914
    Battles/wars 1882 Anglo-Egyptian War
    World War I Aug–Oct 1914

Awards GCB (1887 (civil) and 1921 (military)), GCVO (1901), KCMG (1905), PC (1914), KCB (1884 (civil) and 1909 (military)),[1][2] GCCS (1906), GCLA (1908), GCFJ (1877), GCLH, GCRE, GCTS, GCCP, GCRG, GCCW, GCSE, GCRS, KAR, KAN, KWE, KSAR, etc.

Relations Princess Victoria (wife), Louis Mountbatten, 1st Earl Mountbatten of Burma (son), Battenberg family .He married a granddaughter of Queen Victoria, and was the father of Admiral of the Fleet Louis Mountbatten, 1st Earl Mountbatten of Burma, who also served as First Sea Lord from 1954 to 1959. Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, consort of Queen Elizabeth II, is his grandson.
    I think you over edited the first time. The first Louis Mountbatten died in 1921 some 58 years before the second was murdered by the IRA.

Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    I think you over edited the first time. The first Louis Mountbatten died in 1921 some 58 years before the second was murdered by the IRA.
    Perhaps ,It's amazing just how close the present day royal line is to Victoria Regina. It seems like such a long time but it's really not that many years.

I'd love to trace the genealogy of our professional nitpicker but I fear she would be loath to provide the details !Her family trail grows dim in Denver's Mass.In those days Salem Mass. was a nearby village !I am beginning to think she has a crush on me the way she haunts my every post but it will avail her naught as I am spoken for these many years .

Power CUer
    It's hard to read in the first piece who is being referred to; YES, Louis of Battenberg was Philip's grandfather; this is not the same person as Louis Mountbatten.

And yes, it's fascinating how Victoria's line populated the thrones of Europe. That was Albert's deliberate plan.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    I'd love to trace the genealogy of our professional nitpicker but I fear she would be loath to provide the details !Her family trail grows dim in Denver's Mass.In those days Salem Mass. was a nearby village !
    There is no place called "Denver's" Massachusetts. There is a DANVERS, Massachusetts. My lineage is primarily Pennsylvanian, although our Massachusetts representative, Henry Knox, was well known for delivering artillery to Gen. Washington on Cambridge Common, and was later the first Secretary of War. Any illustrious ancestors in your line, Megi?

Why didn't the Prince sail around the world. How much carbon is exhausted from the aft of the sail?

Of course with his "busy" shed- jewel, I'm sure he couldn't spare the time.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand