1. #1 Dead Rats and crap in the Peanut Butter. 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Dead Rodents, Excrement In Peanut Butter Plant Lead To Recall

The Texas Department of State Health Services on Thursday ordered the recall of all products ever shipped from the Peanut Corporation of America's plant in Plainview, Texas, after discovering dead rodents, rodent excrement and bird feathers in the plant. The order, which applies to products shipped since the plant opened nearly four years ago, came a day after the discovery of filth in a crawl space above a production area during a health services inspection, the department said in a news release. Inspectors also reported that the plant's ventilation system was pulling debris "from the infested crawl space into production...

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/12/peanut.butter.recall/

I spent a little time in a government food lab doing pesticide analysis. When I had the time, I'd help out on sample inspections using a microscope to count insect parts, rodent feces, and hairs. There is no food product free of this stuff aside from hydroponic veggies. None. The government doesn't even try to prevent this kind of contamination because it's impossible. They just use the regs to limit the amount of rat poop and roach legs you eat in your Rice Krispies.

Did they which brands of peanut butter they are recalling this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I spent a little time in a government food lab doing pesticide analysis. When I had the time, I'd help out on sample inspections using a microscope to count insect parts, rodent feces, and hairs. There is no food product free of this stuff aside from hydroponic veggies. None. The government doesn't even try to prevent this kind of contamination because it's impossible. They just use the regs to limit the amount of rat poop and roach legs you eat in your Rice Krispies.

Did they which brands of peanut butter they are recalling this time?
    One of the breakfast cereals even has their cereal bits shaped like rat turds to confuse the public. The problem is the rat turds float in milk !As I recall one of the parameters they measure by centrifuge is the 'rat shit to cereal ratio ,AKA RatShit Ratio .

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    One of the breakfast cereals even has their cereal bits shaped like rat turds to confuse the public. The problem is the rat turds float in milk !As I recall one of the parameters they measure by centrifuge is the 'rat shit to cereal ratio ,AKA RatShit Ratio .
    We just did visual counts. So many feces or hairs or whatever per so many grams of whatever it was. I never had a sample that was totally clean. To be fair, even if a factory does a righteous job of vermin control and sorting inspection, they can't do anything about transport, storage in stores, or restaurant kitchen conditions.

I try not to think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    We just did visual counts. So many feces or hairs or whatever per so many grams of whatever it was. I never had a sample that was totally clean. To be fair, even if a factory does a righteous job of vermin control and sorting inspection, they can't do anything about transport, storage in stores, or restaurant kitchen conditions.

I try not to think about it.
    The grain silos in Nebraska's wheat country and Corn silos in Iowa are loaded with rats.They chew through metal mesh and cement walls .The only thing that keeps them out is steel or glass !Anytime there is food stored in bulk ,usually some kind of grain in silo's ,the rats are already there in droves.