Thread: Police identify man killed in Wal-Mart shopping cart stabbing

1. #1 Police identify man killed in Wal-Mart shopping cart stabbing 

Authorities today identified a man who died from stabbing wounds he received during a dispute with another man about a shopping cart striking a vehicle Wednesday afternoon in a Walmart parking lot.

Oscar Hernandez, 24, Henderson, was taken to Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center's Trauma Unit, where he was pronounced dead a short time later, Metro police said. Officers said Hernandez had been stabbed several times and was laying in the entrance to the store when officers arrived about 6:44 p.m. Wednesday at the paring lot at 5198 Boulder Highway near Nellis Boulevard.

Officers caught the suspect in this case a short distance away with the assistance of witnesses, police said. He has been identified as 56-year-old Jose Torres-Rodriguez of Las Vegas, police said. Torres-Rodriguez was taken to the Clark County Detention Center where he was booked for one count of murder with use of a deadly weapon, police said.

Police say that Torres-Rodriguez tried to hit Hernandez with his vehicle and then stabbed him in an arm and a leg after Hernandez bumped Torres-Rodriguez's vehicle with a shopping cart

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009...hopping-cart-/

Power CUer
    Looks like testosterone poisoning has claimed another victim.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    A lot of low lifes shop at Walleymart.

What is wrong with people today? Seriously!.Iis it my imagination or is civil behavior disappearing society? Is stabbing or shooting someone the first thing people think of when they get into disputes? I just can't get my mind around the fact that someone died because of a dent in a car.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

This was probably a gradual escalation. I almost came to blows with a moron a few years ago. I was sitting in my car waiting for my wife to finish a purchase when a car FULL of people pulled in beside me. The driver slung his door open hitting my passenger side door so hard that it rocked the whole car. I made eye contact with said moron while I was exiting to check the damage. He attempted to continue into the store as though nothing happened.

It wasn't my intention to pound the grease out of the idiot until he started denying he hit the car. This of course set me off. If it hadn't been for his wife telling the soon to be hospitalized moron that "if I said he hit the car, he must have hit the car."

Had the incident continued it might have read "Dented Door Leads To Life Long Disabilities." Thankfully I let it go. The dent wasn't the problem. His denial and arrogance were a No-Go for me. All he had to do was apologize and all would have been forgiven.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand