Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Scott McClellan did speak up, isnt that what this whole thing is about? If the Administration was really lying and decieving the public wouldn't SMC been doing the country a disservice by staying quiet? He outed Bush for what most of the country already knows he is.
    Well no, why didn't he quit at the time and then go public? We might not have even gone to war if he had done that, but no, he bends over backwards and decides to stab people in the back after serving them loyally and make some money out of it.

Although I am glad it's coming out still.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Aklover View Post
    Well written. Did it make the news?
    Yes. Tim Russert spent a chunk of time on it on "Meet the Press".

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Well no, why didn't he quit at the time and then go public? We might not have even gone to war if he had done that, but no, he bends over backwards and decides to stab people in the back after serving them loyally and make some money out of it.

Although I am glad it's coming out still.
    Loyalty is trivial compared when you understand the massive role the United States plays in the world. Its archaic and outdated, so it kind of figures that people here would cling to it so much.

On the issue of Scottís timing - do White House staff have to sign some kind of contract not to disclose for a certain amount of time? Could be - somebody just really ticked him off and this is revenge.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    On the issue of Scottís timing - do White House staff have to sign some kind of contract not to disclose for a certain amount of time? Could be - somebody just really ticked him off and this is revenge.
    Scott was fired because of his incompetence; Tony Snow made him look like a lightweight.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Scott was fired because of his incompetence
    Really? Didn't know that - LINK?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Goldwater
    Loyalty is trivial compared when you understand the massive role the United States plays in the world. Its archaic and outdated, so it kind of figures that people here would cling to it so much.
    Nice to see you took one word out of context in my post and changed the meaning of it so you could answer back to it. Not sure why I bothered responding to you.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Can you read?

I can read fine. Can you??? What part of what I said do you take issue with??

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    I can read fine. Can you??? What part of what I said do you take issue with??
    I said I wouldnt bother with your canned responses about George Bush.

Vepr
    It is always entertaining when these things happen no matter what side of the fence they come from. A person that one side would not trust as far as they could throw them all of the sudden become the purveyor of truth and justice as soon as they turn and bite the hand that feeds them. On the flip side the same person that was trusted by the other side and given the benefit of the doubt on all things suddenly becomes a vile creature worthy of nothing but contempt. Nothing new but always entertaining.