Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Al Gore Calls on All Scientist to Fight Against Global Warming 
    Sonnabend
    How do you fight against a myth? Global warming is a lie, dreamed up by useless, fat assed panic merchants.

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=102x3738887

Hissyspit Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Feb-14-09 03:29 AM
    Original message
    Al Gore Calls on All Scientist to Fight Against Global Warming Updated at 5:38 AM

Advertisements [?]
    Source: IEEE Spectrum

Al Gore calls on all scientists to fight against global warming

Speaking to a packed audience at the annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science currently underway in Chicago, former US vice president Al Gore called on all scientists to help fight against global warming, and for every scientist to use his or position of respect and trust among fellow citizens and neigbors to raise awareness of the problem the world is facing.

"This is no time to sit back," he said. "We as a species must make a decision..... Continuing on our present course will threaten human civilization." Gore ascribed the problem we are facing today to "our absurd overdependence on carbon-based fuel."

- snip -

He mused that one reason that some may find it hard to believe that humans have produced climate change is because when we look up, the sky appears to be a vast expanse. It seems absurd to assume that human beings can have any impact on this limitless blue sky.

Gore got a standing ovation from the scientists present.

Read more: http://blogs.spectrum.ieee.org/tech_talk/2009/02/al_gor...
    ..and then climbed into his SUV with air conditioning, and got into his private jet plane.

Uncle Joe Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Feb-14-09 11:08 AM
    Response to Original message
    6. Global warming climate change should be viewed at the very least

as a national security issue.

I believe we should change our focus and redirect at least a portion out of the vast sums of money wasted on the redundant capability to destroy humanity toward saving it instead.

Thanks to Copernicus, Galileo, the scientists sounding the alarm regarding global warming and Al Gore for his contributions toward trying to save us from ourselves.

Thanks to Hissyspit for the thread.
    Pity Fat Albert doesnt practise what he preaches, but then again DUmmies, neither do you.

"Continuing on our present course will threaten human civilization."
    Funny, it seems like the rabid environmentalist eco- freaks are the ones who want to force human civilization back to the Stone Age.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post

Pity Fat Albert doesnt practise what he preaches, but then again DUmmies, neither do you.
    LOL, Fat Albert! That's a good one!

Isn't it weird how the mainstream media didn't report on the conference in Poland in which 650 of the world's leading climatologists stood up and said "Global warming is a media-generated myth."

Weird, ain't it?
    "Time makes more converts than reason."

-Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Coloko View Post
    Isn't it weird how the mainstream media didn't report on the conference in Poland in which 650 of the world's leading climatologists stood up and said "Global warming is a media-generated myth."

Weird, ain't it?
    The media can't allow the average Joe to know that there are those who disagree with the Church of Global Warming. That might lead them to question Al Gore, the High Priest, and his real motivations.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

If the Global Warming has been proven as Mr. Gore has stated previously, why does he now need scientists to lend their credibility to an already proven theory?

The GW bunch remind of the Taliban; expect without the witty humor :D
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

I hereby call upon Albert Gore to lick the sweat from behind my balls.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Coloko View Post

Weird, ain't it?
    They should have met in Kyoto.:eek:

Maybe Albacore could explain why it is below average temps and record snowfalls around the globe he is so concerned over. I'm sure some twisted logic can explain how global warming causes global cooling.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    They should have met in Kyoto.:eek:

Maybe Albacore could explain why it is below average temps and record snowfalls around the globe he is so concerned over. I'm sure some twisted logic can explain how global warming causes global cooling.

The convenient new term (for this year at least) is "climate change "

Quote Originally Posted by YupItsMe View Post
    The convenient new term (for this year at least) is "climate change "
    They switched to that term in an attempt to buy some legitimacy after all the mixed signals they were sending. Warm weather = global warming, cold weather = global warming, too much rain = global warming, too much snow = global warming, lots of hurricanes = global warming, few hurricanes = global warming, new ice age = global warming.

By just saying climate change all their pseudo scientific speculations are covered.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis