Thread: Al Gore Calls on All Scientist to Fight Against Global Warming

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by YupItsMe View Post
    The convenient new term (for this year at least) is "climate change "
    Bingo. If I'm not mistaken, the argument is something like the average temperature is going to be rising a couple of degrees, and along the way that will create highly unusual weather patterns, including unusually cold weather.

I would like somebody to explain how melting ice caps will be raising the sea levels. A basic elementary science experiment shows that when ice melts in water, it doesn't change the level of the water. The northern ice cap is ice without land under it, therefore, if it melts, it won't change the sea levels. It is only Antarctica melting that would change the sea levels. The average summer temperature of antarctica is -22F. That is 50 degrees below freezing. The earth is going to have to heat up a whole lot for it to effect sea levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Rose View Post
    Bingo. If I'm not mistaken, the argument is something like the average temperature is going to be rising a couple of degrees, and along the way that will create highly unusual weather patterns, including unusually cold weather.

I would like somebody to explain how melting ice caps will be raising the sea levels. A basic elementary science experiment shows that when ice melts in water, it doesn't change the level of the water. The northern ice cap is ice without land under it, therefore, if it melts, it won't change the sea levels. It is only Antarctica melting that would change the sea levels. The average summer temperature of antarctica is -22F. That is 50 degrees below freezing. The earth is going to have to heat up a whole lot for it to effect sea levels.
    What I want to know, is where do they stick the thermometer to take the earth's temperature?
    Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.

--Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    What I want to know, is where do they stick the thermometer to take the earth's temperature?
    Al Gore's house covers the top secret location of the "Earth Thermometer" which tells him how quickly the earth is warming, even as people are freezing from ice storms :p

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Rose View Post
    Al Gore's house covers the top secret location of the "Earth Thermometer" which tells him how quickly the earth is warming, even as people are freezing from ice storms :p
    :D
    Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.

--Albert Einstein

Bleda
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Up the ass (aka France). ;)

Quote Originally Posted by YupItsMe View Post
    The convenient new term (for this year at least) is "climate change "
    You know, come to think of it I DID notice a change. As soon as winter started, it got noticeably colder.:(
    I think the Globarmists are onto something.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Al Gore Calls on All Scientist to Fight Against Global Warming

Poor Al has received only three return calls ,so far