Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    Yes, the Bible instructs husband to love their wives as they love their own bodies but it also instructs that wounding blows cleanse away evil...

Proverbs 20:30 (King James Version)

30The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly.
    That doesn't not encourage self-abuse; it says that suffering caused by injuries heals us from evil that may have caused the injury. Where does it state that the wounds are cause by self-mutilation?

Another interpretation of Proverbs 20:30
    Blows and wounds cleanser away evil,

and beatingss purge the inmost being.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I was a Catholic for far longer than I have been an atheist. Of course, I never truly believed even when I was a practicing Catholic. I just couldn't shake that feeling that the whole thing is a big fairy tale.
    And now you're out to make sure that everyone feels the same way about it that you do. How does it diminish you if some people believe in something that is essentially harmless to you? What harm do believers in Christianity or Judaism do to you?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I was a Catholic for far longer than I have been an atheist. Of course, I never truly believed even when I was a practicing Catholic. I just couldn't shake that feeling that the whole thing is a big fairy tale.
    You were never a catholic. You may have gone through the motions - but the motions don't make you catholic or Christian. You're BS reading of scripture proves that you never had any understanding of what it means to be a follower of Christ. You and wilbur both need to get your heads out of your asses - or out. I'm not partial to either choice.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.