Thread: Studious Sunday

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    Oh hey, I completely forgot that my wife and I are going to have a belated Valentines Day dinner at Ruth's Chris tonight!

Woot!
    LOL!!

SLW and I had a fantastic Brunch! Well worth 35 a person.

I have to say, the quality of the food was as good or better than my Sarasota Yacht Club. And the desserts were much better.

Carving station had Prime Rib and Ham, the PR was fantastic. Seafood station had big shrimps, mussels, salmon, etc. Biscuits & Gravy, Eggs Benedict, and all the normal good stuff. All kinds of veggies hot and cold, salads, etc.

You also get all the champagne ya can drink and they had a Bloody Mary station that was open till noon, we missed that. :(:D

All in all very satisfied, I'd recommend it to anyone and we will go back.

Here is the place!
    May the FORCE be with you!

My daughter got iller rather than illless.

Caneceled our reservationas and are eating shepards pie and flat bread in about 15 minutes.

Parenting sucks sometimes. :(

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    My daughter got iller rather than illless.

Caneceled our reservationas and are eating shepards pie and flat bread in about 15 minutes.

Parenting sucks sometimes. :(
    Yikes! Sorry to hear that bud, but ya saved a big bill. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Felt good outside today, not hot but not cold (maybe 70). It was overcast and there were dark clouds on the horizon, but it never rained. Tomorrow, I've got the day off school and work...so I'm off to the State Fair. :D

TOTD: I haven't read any books lately, save textbooks and parts of the Bible. I think the last real book I read was a guide to digital photography.
    Last edited by AHeneen; 02-15-2009 at 09:12 PM.
    "Because we're a great nation, our challenges seem complex; it will always be this way. But as long as we remember our first principals and believe in ourselves, the future will always be ours." -Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    LOL!!

SLW and I had a fantastic Brunch! Well worth 35 a person.

I have to say, the quality of the food was as good or better than my Sarasota Yacht Club. And the desserts were much better.

Carving station had Prime Rib and Ham, the PR was fantastic. Seafood station had big shrimps, mussels, salmon, etc. Biscuits & Gravy, Eggs Benedict, and all the normal good stuff. All kinds of veggies hot and cold, salads, etc.

You also get all the champagne ya can drink and they had a Bloody Mary station that was open till noon, we missed that. :(:D

All in all very satisfied, I'd recommend it to anyone and we will go back.

Here is the place!
    Wow, sounds very good! You just made me very hungry!!!

TOTD: I'm just finishing "Artificial Happiness: The Dark Side of the New Happy Class" by Ronald W. Dworkin. Before that I read "One Nation Under Therapy: How the Helping Culture Is Eroding Self-Reliance" by Christina Hoff Sommers and Sally Satel.

I'd recommend both books highly. I've always had a more or less instinctive mistrust of the happy-clappy class. I know more than a few people who are on anti-depressive drugs and they have been for years. Nothing changes for them. They are functional in a flat kind of way but they're stuck with the same issues and problems they've always had. They never get mad, sad, or glad enough to change and move on.

Each book explores the therapeutic culture from a different perspective. Dworkin and Satel are physicians and they have a front row seat for the destructive impact of all of this. Satel looks at the broader problems of a population too thin-skinned and unskilled to cope with ordinary adversity. Dworkin examines the total power grab made by family practice physicians who now treat both mental and spiritual maladies in addition to physical ailments. His book is very dark. If your insurance company (or soon, the government) can force you to lose weight or exercise, they will soon be forcing you to "be happy". Happy people are less expensive than unhappy people or so the manged care philosophy goes at the moment. :eek: